What a day, I'm beat. It's now after 8:30pm here and I'm just getting a chance to sit down at the computer. Why you ask?
1. I went out to breakfast with my husband this morning
2. We went straight from there to an intake meeting at the Child Development Center to discuss some issues my daughter is having. (We have to bring her back with us next week for the next round.)
3. From there we went to Ace to look at the Weber grill Jay wants to bring back from the States in August (to see what we'd need to get it compatible with Israeli gas balloons).
4. Then Jay went back to work and I went next door to do a major grocery shopping.
5. From there I walked across the street to a new gourmet/housewares store that's just opened up and spent way too much money on cold cuts, cheeses, and other tidbits. Not more than they'd necessarily be at any other comparable store, but more than i needed to considering I'd just been to the supermarket 5 minutes earlier. (But what a store! And just a mile from my house. This is going to be very dangerous...)
6. I then took a cab home (it was way too hot to walk) and came home to find that my groceries had been delivered, so instead of relaxing for the 15 minutes I had before it was time to go get the kids from school I raced around putting all the groceries away.
7. Then I tried to check my e-mail and discovered something had gone screwy and I had no internet connection at all.
8. At that point it was time to walk over to Maya's preschool and get her.
9. From there we took a cab over to Itai, picked him up and headed home.
10. As soon as the kids got out of the cab they both announced they wanted to go to the playground.
11. We spent about 45 minutes at the playground.
12. Then it was time to race home and grab the present for a birthday party Itai was invited to in a different park across the street. Maya decided she wanted to stay at the party too (very acceptable, not a problem), so we spent the rest of the evening there and just got home at about 8pm.
13. I never had a chance for lunch (other than a few (albeit very yummy) sample cold cuts at the gourmet store. I didn't have a chance to eat when I was home putting the groceries away, and then I tried to avoid eating a lot of crap at the party, so by the time I finally got home tonight I was ravenous and went straight to the kitchen to make and devour a roast beef sandwich.
All of which is a very roundabout way of saying "That's why my TT is late this week."
Phew. No wonder I'm tired.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants