Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Stock Sunday - Jordan Pond

.
.
Shoot, this didn't auto-publish when it should. We're in Vermont and all is well. Sorry for any confusion.

By the time you read this I'll be camping with a large chunk of my extended family near Vermont's Quechee Gorge (in fact, it's already after midnight and I really should be packing instead of blogging). We're still having a wonderful time here in New England and have pretty much been on the go constantly. Between visiting relatives and multi-day trips around New England I feel like I've barely spent any time here in my parents' very lovely town. My "must do" list still has all sorts of things on it but we'll only have one more day here in New Hampshire after we return from Vermont, so yet again we'll have to leave some undone in the hopes of getting to them next year (note to self: buy the dang butterscotch chips to take home - out of all things, don't forget that one!).

While I'm off gallivanting around Vermont enjoy this images of Acadia's Jordan Pond. Extraordinary, isn't it? How can you not fall head over heels for a place that looks like this even on a cool and foggy day?

Hopefully I'll be able to check in while we're away, the campground says they have free wifi...

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer, wherever it's taking you!


.


.

11 comments:

Daryl said...

More amusement park 'rides' .. Coney Island at its scream-iest

Dina said...

WiFi in a campground? "Roughing it" ain't what it used to be.

It's a good time to be away. Enjoy it.

Tania said...

Glad you have a good time over there. These pictures looks very much like some place in Norway.
Wifi? hehe

Leovi said...

Beautiful frame with a nice depth with great shades

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You make me want to visit New England! I'm glad you and the family are enjoying your summer so much.

Heckety said...

Soooo serene and cool and lovely! Hope you're having a ball whichever place your're in!

Mimi said...

Beautiful images, Robin, the first one actually reminds me of Glendalough (not sure if you visited it when you were here? if not, put it on your to-do list for next time, hint hint!!).
I'm envious of your camping trip! I love campling, and with extended family it would be a real blast, but I can't get anyone to come with me.
I think it's always nice to leave some things undone at the end of a trip, then you can look forward to them next time, or the time after that...

Julia Phillips Smith said...

GORGEOUS.

Robin - that 2nd shot - if you opened a window to peek inside of my soul, that would be part of what you would find there.

Cassy said...

Beautiful views!

Enjoy your time with your extended family.


Cassy from Learn Electric Guitar

Janet said...

Robin, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to see each other this go 'round. I'll be up there Friday & Saturday, but I'm sure you'll have way to much going on. We're seeing the Doobie Brothers & Lynyrd Skynyrd Friday night...then the craft fair Sat.

Robin said...

Sadly we already left, we got back to Israel last night. While you're at the crafts fair be sure to check out the Altrusa benefit concert for the local food pantries down in Hesky Park (by the town docks) - it sounds like it's going to be great! I'm so bummed we're missing it, they've been working on the arrangements for months.

Enjoy the Doobie Brothers and Skynyrd, I was really disappointed to miss that one - all the good shows were either right before we arrived or right after this year :(. Give Marybeth a kiss for me too, we were on the road so much this summer I never got a chance to visit. Maya's still bummed about not getting to meet her dogs.