Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Stolen meme

I stole this from someone a while ago (Vader's Mom maybe?) and have been holding it in reserve for a day when I'm busy with my visiting parents and don't have time to blog (which is why a few of the answers may not make sense).


What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? My bathtub is in the main bathroom downstairs. It has one bar of palmolive (out of reach). The kids' bath soap is kept in the closet because Maya likes to dump in the entire bottle and make herself the bubble bath to end all bubble baths


Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? Watermelon season is over here


What would you change about your living room? We desperately to get rid of the ugly bog-standard Israeli shutters and get curtains, but Jay and I can't agree on what to get so it stays this way


Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? clean (and it should have been my turn, too. Thanks dear!)


What’s in your fridge? leftover birthday cake, Thai-style spicy shrimp curry, assorted fruits and vegetables, an insane number of condiments, a few soft white cheeses (no hard cheese, I need to get to the store), beer, wine, some sliced turkey, diet soda, fresh OJ, apple juice, milk, a bottle of grape juice I forgot to serve at Maya's party, and other assorted odds and ends


White or wheat bread? homemade, so whatever Jay felt like making. Usually some kind of mixed organic white/wheat, but lately he's been on a crusty Italian loaf kick


What is on top of your refrigerator? You had to ask that... A plastic cube holding memo paper, extra keys (ours and others), 3 aluminum baking pans (2 I need for Maya's preschool party cake and the 3rd I haven't the faintest idea how or why it got there), post-it notes, a strange plastic butter dish we got free from the supermarket and have never used, dishwasher polish refill, stainless steel cleaner, a package of cleaning wipes, pencil holder with assorted pens and pencils, Astonish cleanser for the counters, expired graham cracker pie crust that I bought because I'd never seen one sold in Israel before but then never made the cheesecake for, a friend's tupperware that I keep forgetting to return (because of course I can't see it up there), and a whole lot of dust. You had to ask, didn't you...


What color or design is on your shower curtain? No curtains, we have glass shower doors

How many plants in your home? Inside - 2 in various stages of dying, Roof - about 20, which are mostly surprisingly not dead at the moment! Look here to see why this is so shocking.

Is your bed made right now? No


Comet or Soft Scrub? Astonish (like Soft Scrub)


Can you describe your flashlight? Lost somewhere in the house and more than likely with dead batteries anyway


Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? glass

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? nope, I've got iced coffee


If you have a garage, is it cluttered? We have assigned spots in a communal underground garage (I live in a high-rise in a typical "urban" suburb)


Curtains or blinds? Israeli-style horizontal shutters - very ugly, but practical


How many pillows do you sleep with? I've slept with 2 for years, but I've had a lot of neck and back soreness lately so I'm trying to wean myself onto just one


Do you sleep with any lights on at night? We don't, but I leave the downstairs hall light on for the kids


How often do you vacuum? Not all that often, only the kids' bedrooms have carpeting and there's a rug in the living room. The rest of the floors are all tiled.


Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard, but I've been thinking of trying electric


What color is your toothbrush? white and blue


Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? yes


What is in your oven right now? the oven trays


Is there anything under your bed? drawers, I have a platform bed


Chore you hate doing the most? cleaning toilets!


What retro items are in your home? some of the older cookbooks in my collection (displayed over my upper kitchen shelves)


Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? bwahahahaha


How many mirrors are in your home? 7, I think


Do you have any hidden emergency money in your home? Not telling that one to the internet, sorry

What color are your walls? mostly cream

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? a ferocious zebra fish

What does your home smell like right now? cut grass, they're landscaping outside. You wouldn't think that would waft up nine floors, but it does. It's making me sneeze!


Favorite candle scent? maybe vanilla, I don't really have one


What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? VERY spicy ones that Jay bought instead of the yummy mini-gherkins I'd asked him for


What color is your favorite Bible? Not relevant


Ever been on your roof? Of course, I live in a penthouse so our roof is a patio


Do you own a stereo? not anymore, it died. Since then we've been using the dvd player and cable box


How many TV’s do you have? 2

How many house phones? 3 extensions, but 2 are cordless


Do you have a housekeeper? yes

What style do you decorate in? modern


Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? solids


Is there a smoke detector in your home? not in our home, but the building does have right outside our door. Buildings here are generally built of concrete and cinder block, and I don't use freestanding heaters either, so fire is not a major threat.


What are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? my kids of course. After that my laptop and my photo albums.

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Photo albums - oh, yes, grab those!! This was a great meme. Loved finding out what's on your fridge (LOL!) Mine is a whole wacko story in itself...

I've tagged you for another meme. A hometown meme. Whenever you get some time.