Ugh. There is some majorly bad appliance karma in this house right now. First the dishwasher, then the air conditioner, then the washing machine, and now the dryer is suddenly squeaking. I think I'm going to have to sacrifice a small toaster to the appliance gods or something to put a stop to this before I go completely broke.
Bearing in mind that appliances are quite a bit more expensive here in Israel than they are in the US (repairs too - to fix the thing would have been $300), here are 13 things I could have spent my money on instead of having to buy a new washing machine this week:
1. A flat screen tv
2. A week at a swanky B&B here in Israel
3. New furniture for Maya's room
4. Five months of weekly cleaning services
5. Two airline tickets to Europe (someplace closer)
6. 16 months worth of gym fees
7. Jewelry (a girl can dream)
8. 8-10 very nice dinners out (not including babysitting)
9. Two months of the kids' afternoon program
10. 10-12 pairs of shoes
11. A whole new wardrobe
12. The kids' after-school activities for the entire year, with change
13. A new desktop computer
Keep your fingers crossed that the dryer hangs on for a while, would ya?
Hope your week has been more successful than mine. Happy Thursday Thirteen.