Follow That Dog just tagged me for a six random things meme, and since I hadn't done a meme for a while and didn't have anything lined up for this week's Thursday Thirteen I figured I'd go for broke and give you not six but thirteen, yes thirteen, random facts about me me me. Now, to come up with them...
1. It drives me crazy when tv writers don't fact-check well enough. I'm sitting here watching CSI New York as I type and they keep talking about the Hagia Sofia in Istanbul, putting emphasis on the hard g. The thing is, the g is supposed to be silent, the word is actually pronounced "Aya".
2. I know this because before I had kids I spent the better part of a year working in Ankara, the capital of Turkey.
3. It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds.
4. My husband took my son to the championship soccer match between the Israeli and Italian youth (up to age 21 so including several stars). Last time I flipped channels, we were losing 3 -1 with not much time left.
5. I was all set to eat a salad for dinner tonight (not my usual fare and I was feeling quite virtuous) when I found a nasty caterpillar in the bag - and caterpillar poop all over the place.
6. Needless to say I didn't have salad after all.
7. At that point nothing really appealed and I ended up eating a bowl of honey nut cornflakes.
8. Now it's a few hours later and I'm hungry but still nothing appeals.
9. Not even the delicious fresh sourdough bread that Jay made earlier today.
10. Maybe it's because I have a headache.
11. We finally found a pullout couch that will fit in our very small and overcrowded guest/computer/storage/bicycle room, but it's from Ikea.
12. I really don't like shopping at Ikea.
13. But it's probably better than telling my parents they have to sleep on the floor next time they visit. Maybe. If I don't have to go on a Friday. I think. (Luckily my parents don't read this blog. Heck, they don't even know about it.)
There, that's thirteen. Done. Not exactly Shakespeare. What can I say, such is my oh so fascinating life. Hey, how about this? Instead of tagging, why don't you guys each leave me one fascinating fact about yourselves in the comments. Come on, you know you wanna... Pleeeeeeease...