Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's about starting over

.
We all face adversity in our lives, but where some falter or fall others somehow find the inner strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other and go on despite the blows they've received.

My friend Joanna is one of those. This amazing woman, who I have the privilege of knowing in real life as well as on the blogosphere, has received more than her share of hits by far and still manages to face the world with grace and a ready smile as she continues to reach for her dreams. She shares her journey on her blog, It's About Starting Over, and now she'd like to encourage all of you to share yours as well. She's created a new blog carnival "to increase exposure for real-life stories about starting over after a difficult event, trauma, or just plain because someone decides they want to make a major change in their life".

If you have a story to share please consider participating - your stories deserve to be heard, and they could be just what someone out there needs to make their own new start.
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog as well as sharing others like It's About Starting Over. Looking forward to reading. AND thank you for sharing your photography with us; sublime to see the pink flower in the bleak mid-winter.

Linda

Julie G. said...

I believe I have one of these "survivor" stories. Thanks for letting me know about this. I've always felt like I should write it down...my mom says I should write a book. :))

Tammy said...

I'm going to head over and check it out. I'm definitely starting over in my job life, or trying to anyway!

Daryl said...

Even if you are not starting over, its a good read so go on and read ...

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Robin...
Thanks for stopping by today with your sweet birthday wishes for me.

Yes, the link on the bottom of my sidebar works...I was panicky ---you have to click the graphic. Anyway, here's the Bloggers Over 50 Blogroll LINK

Have a great week ahead, and thanks again!!!

Robin said...

Thanks so much Anni - I'll pass it right along to Joanna (the same friend that's creating this carnival).

Anonymous said...

Heading over to check it out right now!

Janet said...

Interesting...sounds a bit applicable to me ;-) I'll go check it out, thanks!

Jennifer said...

I bookmarked it and had a nice look around. Her poem today is wonderful!

Her blog carnival sounds like such an interesting idea.