Somehow I seem to have fallen out of the blogging habit lately. Everything is fine, I'm just juggling a few too many balls in a few too disparate areas and needed a bit of a break for the sake of my continued sanity. I'm still around but stepping back from the blog for a bit has given me some time to clear my head - and then to fill it right back up with new obsessions -
- The weather has been amazingly crappy this winter. Rainy and bleak more often than not.
- This is NOT conducive to wildflower photography.
- The wildflowers are peaking this month, so not having many opportunities to get out there and shoot them is making me cranky.
- To compensate, I'm obsessing over a new interest - teaching myself to sew.
- I've wanted to learn for years and have literally dozens of tutorials and projects bookmarked for "someday" when I learn.
- I've decided that someday is now.
- I've ordered a (fairly basic but well regarded) sewing machine from Italy (got a far better deal than I would have here in Israel, where such things are still stupidly expensive (think triple what they'd cost in the US) and since my husband just happens to be going to Italy on business this week...).
- My new machine is waiting for me at his hotel. This makes me very happy :).
- I've got my first two projects lined up, and on Wednesday will go to Tel Aviv to buy my supplies (didn't like the offerings in my local store, turns out she's very well-stocked on threads, notions, etc., much less so on fabric).
- I've also got plenty of scraps to practice on first - even a striped shirt so that I can practice sewing in a straight line :).
- My grandmother was a dress designer, she'd have loved to have seen one of us finally take an interest. I'm just hoping I also inherited some of those genes!
- I get the machine on Friday, so check back next week to see
ifhow my plan worked...
So what's on your snippet list this week?.