Nothing really struck my fancy though. That's when it hit me. I should be looking closer to home. And so I give you...
13 pieces of crap that are currently taking over my dining room table
1. Sale flyer from some supermarket I don't shop in (found it in my mailbox yesterday)
2. 2 cd's that hold my backed up photos for the past 5 years (yup, that's a good safe place for them)
3. A toy rainstick (a/k/a a brightly colored plastic
4. 3 pens (two felt-tip and one ball point, in case you're curious)
5. The current issue of Budget Travel magazine, which I can't get rid of because my cleaner wants it
6. My husband's cellphone
7. A small green and pink mouse made of plastelina clay that my son brought home from camp last week
8. Several pieces of mail, including a postcard of a family of bears that my parents sent the kids from Alaska
9. An envelope containing all of my daughter's paperwork for her evaluation by the Child Development Agency
10. An empty water bottle
11. A dishtowel
12. My keys
13. Assorted computer paraphernalia
You'll note that none of these items actually pertain to food. It was too much trouble to clear them away before dinner so we ate at the island. Please tell me I'm not the only one who lives this way and has to frantically run around and straighten when company is expected.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants