My husband and son left this morning for a 10-day trip to the United States for a family wedding. These are 13 of the things my 3.5 year old daughter and I will be doing to
survive pass the time while they're gone.
1. Playgroup (hopefully twice)
2. Swimming - we should get to the pool 3 or 4 times at least
3. Dora! I bought us a pair of ridiculously expensive tickets to go see the live Dora show that they're putting on here in Tel Aviv. This is a major big deal to my Dora-obsessed daughter.
4. Brunch with friends (unfortunately the same day as the Dora show, it would have been better if they were on different days)
5. Visit to a new indoor playspace with friends and then get dinner together, there or elsewhere
6. Take the car to the car wash (did this today actually)
7. 3 different therapy appointments
8. Haircut? (not sure, Maya's often less than cooperative about haircuts, and her bangs aren't that long yet)
9. Out for ice cream (that will kill a half hour at least)
10. Weekly kids activity at the pool Tuesday afternoon (must check schedule and see what they're doing next week. Ugh, I just checked and it's juggling and stilt-walking. Not very good for a preschooler. Oh well, maybe the play place over there will have something going on.)
mooch receive at least one invitation to friends' for dinner
Loads of educational arts and crafts and other very beneficial activities Watch way too many videos
13. Count down the minutes until daddy and Itai get home (a la Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)
Thankfully we've started off on a good foot. Maya was delightful this evening. We had a lot of fun together and then she fell asleep easier than she has in months. Please, please, PLEASE let the new bedtime routine be becoming a success! Things will go very well these next ten days if we are both well-rested, and much less well if we're not.
Check back in for next week's list to see if I still have my sanity. If I do, I may have actually completed the list of my favorite literary characters that's been hanging around in draft form for a while now.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants