Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reclining Man

Click to enlarge

.
Untitled (or at least unlabeled) sculpture in the niche of an outer wall of local sculptor Dov Barda's home. I've always loved this piece, and others he has mounted outside his home, so I was delighted to find out that he was hosting an open house this past weekend. The pieces inside were absolutely wonderfully - many reminiscent of this style, but many others with more organic, fluid lines that seemed to flow and move under my duly admiring gaze. I would have taken photographs inside but it didn't seem all that appropriate.
.
Better yet, I should have taken out another mortgage and brought one of them home with me. If I ever win the lottery I'll be back to do so before day's end.
.
This photo is naturally monochrome, being a black statue against a white wall.
.
Visit Aileni for more monochrome magic.
.

PS My parents arrive for a visit in the morning so computer time over the next two weeks will be a bit scarce. I'll catch up with everyone eventually, but it may take a while.

.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit 'Wow' when enlarged... must have use a lot of liquorice !)

Anonymous said...

That's a cool sculpture! And even better that it's naturally monochrome :)

Anonymous said...

I love it....I want one too..:-)
When I win the lottery..blah..blah..LOL
We shall, live in hope and die in despair...and enjoyed it all..:-)
Sorry, can not divulge any info about the bike YET...
(I am being mean)...:-)

EG CameraGirl said...

It's great. And I like the shadows too.

Carver said...

What a neat sculpture. Great shot!

Liz Hinds said...

Now that's the sort of sculpture I like! Great.

Lene said...

I thought just like Aileni - liquorice - and I just love it. LOL - maby not as tasty as he looks ;)

Catherine said...

That's just how we feel on Monday, at the time we must go back working. Yet, tired before beginning.
Very creative post, Robin, for the Artist and for your choice.

Missy said...

Very cool naturally monochrome. And I almost passed by, until I did enlarge it. Then * BAM * . Love it. thanks for sharing

bichonpawz said...

What a neat looking sculpture!! and very monochrome! Great job!!

Flea said...

I love it. :)

Carolina said...

I love it. Makes me smile ;-)

Marie Reed said...

I love the ittle shadow his foot makes!

Daryl said...

Fabulous photo and sculpture

Zeisen Pesach .. and enjoy having the parents!

42pennies said...

Just found your blog, and glad that I did.

The sculpture is wonderful, but your photo composition is even better. Great shot, very compelling.

But being new here, I just have to make one other comment...YOUR KITCHEN IS SO CLEAN!!!! (you wanna come over to my house)

Bim said...

I say - tummy muscles of steel! I like his textures, especially in close up - but am a bit alarmed that he hasn't got much to lean against.

Jientje said...

I hope you'll have a great time with your parents!

Julie said...

I like this, he looks so relaxed.

Mojo said...

This was me by the end of this weekend. But I didn't realize anyone had taken any notice, much less an artist in Tel Aviv!

Great "found" monochrome!

vincibene said...

Funny picture, too!

keith said...

Fantastic! I'd like to have him asleep outside my house!

maryt/theteach said...

Love the naturally monochrome shot, Robin! Enjoy your holiday! Will miss you if you don't post or comment once in a while over the next 2 weeks! :)