Thursday, July 16, 2009

Playing catch-up

.
Hi! How are you? Great! Me too. I have a confession to make though. I've been a terrible slacker lately and have received a couple of awards that should have been passed on ages ago.
.
*hangs head in shame*
.
Are you still reading or have you stormed off in disgust at my utter contempt for basic social graces?
.
I know, I know. I can't believe it either. What would Miss Manners say, she'd probably revoke my blog license. Oh wait, I don't have a blog license. Whew, I guess I'm off the hook, at least as far as Miss Manners goes.
.
Okay, getting back on track again...
.
Where were we?
.
Oh yeah. It's time to thank the Academy.
.
First off, the ever-dashing and full of fun Thom from Hawaii (he actually lives in Hawaii, how cool is that!) bestowed this little gem on me:
.
.
Thom's blog always puts a smile on my face, he's always got something going on over there. I'm not sure exactly what this award means but it looks like all golden and happy so I'm going to pass it along to a few other bloggers who always make me smile as well:
.
Flea - I love a blogger who actively sets out to make you smile, and she does it in spades. Flea brightens my day whenever I see her blog pop up in my reader.
.
Daryl - I'm a diehard Darylizer all the way - love Daryl, love her blog. How I wish we'd had a chance to meet before my folks moved away from NY. Someday I WILL find the time to get down to the city during a visit back to the States.
.
Mojo - for his gorgeous photos, his way with words, and the way he never misses a chance to support or uplift his fellow bloggers. I'm proud to call him friend. Oh, and he's the most prolific blogger I've ever seen. Is there a single photo prompt out there that he doesn't do?
.
RivkA from Coffee and Chemo - who always seems to find something to smile about, no matter what life is throwing at her. Her strength and grace inspire me, and I hope I can become half the mother she is. RivkA is actually a real life friend turned blog friend and my life is immeasurably enriched by having her in it.
.
.
And next I want to thank Jientje from Heaven is in Belgium for awarding me this award for creativity. What an honor to be told that my photography inspires her because hers sure inspires me. If you don't know Jientje and her gorgeous images yet go over there now and enjoy a veritable feast for the eyes!
.
Shelly from This Eclectic Life gets this one, for her wonderfully creative words (and she's starting to take some pretty cool photos with that new camera of hers too!)
.
Jill from The Perlman Update gets this one too because if handling a new baby, two gorgeous and very active older girls and a posting to Chennai, India and all that entails doesn't require major creativity then I don't know what does! You don't even want to know what she just endured flying back to India from California alone with all three of her kids.
.
And to Mary the Teach from Work of the Poet, who somehow found the energy to host all three of her weekly photo projects this week, despite recovering from painful oral surgery. Now that's dedication!
.
Thank you all for being part of my little corner of the blogosphere.
.

14 comments:

Dina said...

Mazal tov on your awards and for having many good blog friends. Isn't it a blessing!

Maribeth said...

I guess there are no awards for blogs that reproduce puppies. LOL!

Grampy said...

Congratulations on the awards.Thanks for visiting Grampys Place.

Robin said...

Tell you what Maribeth, I will hereby award you with the brand new hot off the press "Best Puppy Mommy" award, and since you're first I'll even kick in the "Cutest Puppies" award as well - a doubleheader!

kayerj said...

congratulations and nice picks.

Anonymous said...

WOOT...Congrats on your awards and who you passed them on too. Thanks for the shout out my friend. Very much appreciated :) Aloha

maryt/theteach said...

Well, thank you Robin! I am proud to accept this Kreativ Blogger award. You've made my day! Thanks again! :) I'll put it up in my sidebar...

Jientje said...

Thank you for your kind words Robin!

Mojo said...

Aww shucks. You give me way too much credit girl. (There are lots of photo prompts I don't do!) But the greatest award you've given me is calling me "friend". Those are the kind that matter most. (Though you're right about this one being all glittery and gold and happy-looking.)

Leora said...

I'm enjoying all your choices. Some are bloggers I visit regularly, some I have been there once or twice but I should check out more! Thanks for writing up all those details on each one.

Phyllis Sommer said...

great list - thanks for the interesting reading:-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Well-deserved words, my friend. I've missed you of late! Been lurking... it's been a rough summer so far.

RivkA with a capital A said...

Wow, Robin, thanks!!

Gotta' say that I have a lot of fun reading your blog and getting to know the bloggin' side of you as well!!!

Not sure I deserve all the compliments, but I will do as my dad says and just smile and say "thank you!"

Jill said...

I've been such a bad lurker recently and haven't stopped by to say thanks like I've meant to...

Awards? You're too kind!! Thank you, thank you!