Thursday, January 25, 2007

Life's petty annoyances

  • Getting phone calls from a computer (and a Russian-speaking one at that, and no, I don't speak Russian)
  • The fact that all of the rolls in the 32-pack of toilet paper I bought were not perforated correctly, making it a pain to rip off what you need
  • My apparent inability to eat saucy Thai noodles without splashing sauce all over my chin (not a good look Muriel)
  • Which goes together with poor quality kaffir lime leaves, which are all broken, meaning that you spend half your meal pulling little bits of leaf out of your mouth
  • Architects. In particular, transit architects. Why oh why can't they ever seem to follow basic, simple, well spelled out instructions and must instead bravely forge new paths where paths were never meant to go. (sorry, work vent).

Nothing huge in the grand scheme of things I'll grant you, but annoying all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all the way! We had faxes from Japan at 2:00a.m. (Texas Time). I was wondering if those people ever slept. The toilet paper I understand. I'm not familiar with kaffir lime leaves, but I'll take your word for it.