Thursday, March 24, 2011

Split Personality

.
This is one of a series of cloud images shot a while back as a test of a new polarizing filter. Nothing all that exciting but I liked the contrast between the dark storm clouds below, the white fluffy sun-kissed clouds above, and the blue sky peeking out above it all. I'm pulling it out of the archives today because spring seems to have done a temporary runner on us here in Israel, leaving miserably soggy gray in its place. Not only is it not photogenic it's downright ugly, not to mention pouring down rain. Ridiculous for this time of year, but the rain gods apparently didn't see fit to ask me. (Repeats to self over and over: it's okay, we need the rain, it's okay, we need the rain...)



Visit Skywatch Friday for more skies from around the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

12 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

I LOVE that photo! Cool cloud formations always amaze me.

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on Macy's blog. She thought it was SO COOL that someone from Israel was reading her blog.

I hope it gets bright & sunny there soon!

Pat said...

Beautiful colors using your filter!

We too (in northern California) have been experiencing rain/hail/snow almost continually for the past 3 weeks. In fact, the current blustery rainstorm knocked out our power so I'm typing this on my laptop using battery power. We frequently have power outages when there's heavy rain or snow because we live in the forested foothills, and tree limbs come down on the power lines in such storms.

I keep thinking, as you do, We need the rain. We need the rain.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful. I have a polarizing filter too and LOVE it. :)

Anonymous said...

I do have a polarizing filter, but never got around to using it as I grab the point and shoot each time I run out of the house.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Is it me, or does someone else see a face in those clouds?

Mimi said...

It's a great photo, even if you'd rather not be posting it.
I think maybe we got your spring, it was c 17 degrees here and beautifully sunny today! Unheard of!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful cloud formations.

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

Robin, all of my shots were taken using polarizing filter. I am an addict. I feel that the polarizing catchs the real color of the nature.
I use ONLY in nature photography and love it.

congrats.
have a nice day
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2011/03/the-uruguay-of-my-dreams/

Daryl said...

I love cloud shots .. have you been to the Cloud Appreciation Society?

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

shoshy said...

I often catch myself looking up to the clouds to admire its beauty...I also love a summery rainy day :)

kayerj said...

love it :) have a nice weekend.

Melusine said...

Fascinating clouds!