Monday, March 28, 2011

Dancing Poppy

.

“Through the dancing poppies stole A breeze most softly lulling to my soul.” 

- John Keats, Endymion (bk. I, l. 681)

And yes, this time it's a poppy, not an anemone.

(I know this not because I'm a genius when it comes to flowers but because my children, like all Israeli children, learn this sort of thing in kindergarten and name the wildflowers for me.)

Visit Ruby Tuesday for more reds from around the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

18 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

nice shot

RoeH said...

I love poppies. The desert yellow ones are starting to come out now and they are so cute just dancing all over the desert.

Daryl said...

Exquisite

bj said...

What a pretty flower and the shade of red is AWESOME.
xo bj

Leora said...

Wonderful quote to go with your sweet poppy, so beautifully captured, like a piece of a Monet painting.

Mirage said...

very nice dof! the whole image is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Poppy is my dog's name! Lovely photo; is it recent?

Maria @ LSS said...

It's gorgeous. Happy RT!

Mine's here.

Robin said...

Thanks. It is recent - just this past Saturday in fact :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Dina said...

So beautiful, your flower and the Keats.
You're lucky to have kids around who know. I can never keep the flower names straight.

anymommy said...

What a lovely subject to teach in Kindergarten. (Beautiful, as usual.)

Felisol said...

Such a knife sharp and yet fragile poppy, swaying in the wind.
My poppies can be seen in June...
I wish the Gulfstream could bring some warmer climate.

Ralph said...

I suppose that we parents can learn a thing or two from our kids...The poppy is gorgeous, small in stature yet such a powerful ruby that jumps at us, inversely proportional to its small size. So wonderfully captured!

Dianne said...

it's wonderful that your children can name the flowers
I could use a tutorial

lovely flower

annies home said...

nice picture I can remember selling silk flowers each year when I was a kid for a charity

Irish said...

nice shot! visiting from ruby tuesday, hope to see you around



here's my entry: http://www.imasworld.com/2011/03/rt-baby-in-red/

Lesa said...

so pretty! I can only seem to grow the orange ones. I've tried to grow the red ones but they never seem to work. I'd love to run through a field of red poppies like in the Wizard of Oz.

kassidy's notes said...

beautiful! i love flowers and this one is quite pretty. please come and visit my entry too: http://www.kassidysnotes.com/