Monday, June 22, 2009

He flies through the air with the greatest of ease

Click to enlarge
.

He makes it look so easy, doesn't he?
.
Look here for your weekly dose of ruby red, and here for more shots of paragliders and the amazing location they were flying over.
.
I may be a bit late getting around to everyone this week. We're in peak "end of year insanity" mode. Itai's class had an end of the year pool party tonight, Maya's class trip (one parent per kid) is all day tomorrow, Wednesday I've got still more dental work (fun fun) and hopefully a few hours free to actually, I don't know, work for a living. Thursday Itai needs to be driven to and from a birthday party twenty minutes away and Maya's having a friend over for a playdate, and then Friday morning is Itai's end of year ceremony in school. Oh, and somehow in the middle of all this we decided that this was the perfect week to renovate Maya's room. (Hear that noise? That was my head exploding.) The worst of it is over now that it's been painted, carpeted and the furniture delivered and assembled, but that still leaves restocking all of the toys, books and clothing that are currently in piles all over my house. Oh, and getting rid of the old broken down dresser that's still standing in the living room. (Here that other noise? That was what was left of my head exploding again. Work out my stress you say? Gym you say? What is this gym of which you speak? I vaguely remember that I used to know of a place by that name. Forget the gym, it will probably be Thursday before I can even find the time to jump back on the elliptical machine I have right in my living room. Again with the living room. Doesn't this woman store anything anywhere else? Answer: nope, not really. Joys of city living...)
.
Phew. No wonder I need a nap.
.

24 comments:

Dina said...

Oi, it makes me appreciate my empty nest. Would you like to take to the sky like in your photo?

Mojo said...

Man, I got tired just reading that.

Now I need a nap.

I can't decide if parasailing (isn't that what it's called?) would be a huge rush or the most terrifying thing imaginable.

Either way, the photo is way cool!

Anonymous said...

Fine shot. Sometimes wish I felt this free. Have a great day out.

Nukke said...

A great feeling of freedom as flying in the blue sky !!!!

Felisol said...

When you are finished, I could do with some help in the garden!!
What about learning skydiving in your vacation?
Will help you get away from the stress; after you have stressed learning the technique etc.
From Felisol
P.S. I heard some Israeli tourists went swimming with dolphins. That's supposed to be very relaxing.

Ralph said...

The pilot underneath the red sail has the best vantage point of all up there. And the lift generated is so great that he can lazily float for quite a while...

Anonymous said...

Love the deep blue sky - respect the people who do that - I'm scared to jump even from the sofa. Don't look for me in the sky :)

Leora said...

Great glider photo. Marvelous.

irene said...

Nice capture. You have such a nice kitchen island with that cool kitchen mixer.

Carletta said...

If I were 25 or so years younger I think this might be fun - maybe. :)
Your week seems filled with a lot but ENJOY every minute - those little ones won't be little long.

eastcoastlife said...

It looks fun to be flying in the sky but when I'm faced with this sport, I'll probably chicken out. :P

anymommy said...

As you can see, I'm really behind as well. Just caught up on your posts though and your beautiful pictures. Good luck with all your craziness - take it easy on the knees!

Unknown said...

i can feel the hectic-ness of your life reading this post. you should try paragliding one of these days---just to relax for a time.:D

Geli said...

Quite an amazing shot of this paraglider. Thanks for sharing. Woooo, I have to agree with Dina, it also makes me appreciate my empty nest.

Having said that, the time you're in right now is so memorable and so very special. Plus you are having the chances now to build friendships with your youngsters that will last a life time. My two are 30 and 26 ... they are such wonderful friends to me, and my daughter is my best gal-pal, we just love hanging out with each other and talk for hours on end about literally everything.

Enjoy!

Martha said...

That's a great shot! I hope you make it through your week!

My Ruby Tuesday

nonizamboni said...

Perfect photo for today! It momentarily takes us away from the ordinary.
p.s. Get some rest, o.k.? :O)

srp said...

The sails are beautiful... I wonder if they have any of these down at the oceanfront here... but then, to know I would have to go out in the humidity and drive to the beach and find a place to park and ... well.. I will just feast on yours.

Dianne said...

very pretty

when does your year ever end!!?

enjoy and try to get a little you time

EG CameraGirl said...

I DOES look easy but it's not for me. ;-)

My Ruby Tuesday is at
http://moreofme24.blogspot.com/2009/06/red-poppies-ruby-tuesday.html

Daryl said...

OY and vey .. and you wonder why your knees hurt .. its because the load you've shouldered is bearing down on you ... xo

storyteller said...

Yup ... we see lots of these over the ocean ... very colorful too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Oh boy! Does that look like fun...one of these days I wanna glide through the air like the person in your shot...

Suburban Girl said...

Fun and red! Too bad I don't have the nerve to try it!

DrillerAA09 said...

Spectacular Ruby Tuesdy shot. Very nicely done.