Thursday, November 26, 2009

Oh crap I forgot to post, a/k/a Thanksgiving Israeli style

I'm leaving the house in 10 minutes to head off for a girls night Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings and won't be back until after midnight so this sorry excuse for a post is all you get. And on Thanksgiving Day too. Be grateful I'm not singing for you I suppose. That's something.

Our main Thanksgiving celebration will be on Saturday and will involve a whopping 23 people this year (thankfully NOT being hosted by me - all I need to do is bring the sweet potato souffle (done today since I needed one for tonight) and roasted cauliflower, and Jay is making rolls. We all decided years ago that trying to do a full Thanksgiving dinner on a day everyone has to work is just too tough, so it's been Saturday for at least fifteen years now. It works for us and allows up to keep up this little but very beloved bit of Americana even after twenty years away.

Speaking of which, I'm late!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Dimple said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

quilly said...

Happy Thanksgiving today and Thursday, Robin -- to you, your family and the entire gathering. May your day(s) be truly blessed!

Mimi said...

Happy Thanksgiving Robin!
This year, I'm so much more in tune with Thanksgiving, because of blogland! We don't celebrate it here, but maybe next year I might start!
Have a good one, today and Saturday!

Daryl said...

Sounds like a smart plan and lots of fun too .. I hope girls night out was a blast!

Mojo said...

Well if you're late, what does that make me? Hope girls night and the Adjusted Thanksgiving Eat-a-Thon (A.T.E.) were smashing successes.