Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ironwork, Old Jaffa

.

Click to enlarge

Old Jaffa, home to so many of Tel Aviv-Jaffa's art galleries and artists' studios, has some of the most amazing doorways (and old stone buildings and small winding alleyways and all-around cool stuff) in Israel. What an amazing contrast with it's modern and quite cosmopolitan next door neighbor.
.
.
If you're just checking in now, I'm competing in Artists Wanted, a very prestigious international photography competition. The grand prize is juried but the popular vote (how many people "star" my portfolio and how many stars they give it (hint: the last star on the right is the one for "fantastic") will determine how much exposure my portfolio receives from the industry professionals, gallery owners, etc. who are given access to the portfolio database after the competition ends.
.
I'd be most grateful if you would star my portfolio by clicking through to it here and then clicking on the star of your choice down at the bottom of the page. It only takes a moment and no personal identification or registration is required and you can vote again every 24 hours.
.
Thank you so much for your help in getting my work out there and in front of these key decision-makers. (And should you want to take one of these pieces home with you all the photographs in my portfolio, and many more, are offered for sale at Around the Island Photography.)
.
Visit Wordless Wednesday to see what other people aren't saying this week, and Wordful Wednesday for what they are.
.

28 comments:

Mojo said...

I'm always a little envious of the target rich environment you live in. Real "Dawn of Civilization" type stuff right in your backyard...

Of course you still have to have the talent to shoot it, which you clearly do!

Dina said...

It's really beautiful.
Old Jaffa must be the next best thing to Jerusalem.

I'm happy to be voting for your portfolio every day. Good luck.

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

beautiful and lovely perspective robin! just makes you want to peak right on in there! but i um- won't! :)

Daryl said...

Oh you framed it perfectly, as if it were possible for you to a shot imperfectly! Love it.

A 2 Z said...

Hi Robin,

I voted for you because I love your photos especially the sunflower (It just happens to be one of my favorite flowers). I had a look at others as well. You have a unique perspective. Thanks for sharing. Anne-Marie

Jew Wishes said...

Robin! This is a fantastic capture with a wonderful perspective.

Annie Jeffries said...

Outstanding photo. Love the ironwork detail and the silhouette against the ancient building.

deborah said...

I hopped over to let you know I rated your portfolio 5 stars:)

An amazing photo!

caite said...

how nice.

love the perspective.

eileeninmd said...

Love the beautiful ironwork. Cool shot!

Tussy said...

Lovely photo, beautiful perspective.

My Inspiration
Bangkok in Shambles
You Got A Posty

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Robin your entries are fantastic! becasue they seem so unusual I just loved the rainbow pussywillows! Every one is outstanding. Good Luck you really deserve to be recognized for your work!

alicia said...

Artisitic and beautiful. Great shot. Drop by and link up! Happy WW!
alicia

quilly said...

Incredible shot. The atmosphere is tangible.

Unknown said...

Robin, that is a very beautiful picture! I am going to go over and star up your gallery for you, ok? : )

Genny said...

Robin,

That is truly beautiful!

Heading over to vote for your portfolio again!...

Genny

catsynth said...

I love the silhouette of the doors, especially looking out on the light stone buildings across the street. Wonderful textural image.

Jientje said...

I love this one, it's pretty.

I voted for you!

Stan said...

I love ironwork like that. It's art that requires fire, sweat, and muscle.

Regina said...

Exquisite one!

Mrs Mar said...

I love things like that.

Rob Monroe said...

That's an awesome shot!!

Susan Adcox said...

Nice composition. I rated you. Good luck. You deserve it!

Jon Storey said...

Nice shot, interesting.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

What a beautiful shot, Robin. I love the contrast and composition of this. I'm off to vote for your pic, too. :D

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE the shot! I'm off to give you a star! ;)

WW: Princess Nagger Goes to the Zoo

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

I think this has been my favourite of your pics since I have been checking you out. I love the picture...and the details on the doorway.

Mariposa said...

Lovely photo.


Mariposa's WW!