Monday, May 24, 2010

Mazal Arieh, and some exciting news too

.
Mazal Aryeh is the name of the little sidewalk bar in Old Jaffa where this somewhat incongruous little collection is on display. Definitely one of the odder things I've seen on beer taps, but oddly appealing at the same time, and definitely red.
.

Click to enlarge
.
On the subject of red, I heard that a certain hostess with the mostest is having a birthday tomorrow so be sure to wish her well when you swing by. She's got an etsy shop too, so be sure to take a look at her lovely photos with an eye towards that blank spot on your wall.
.
Speaking of selling photos, I'll spare you all the usual blurb about my own etsy shop this week (but please, do stop by and see what's on offer if you're looking for something extra-special to bring home) and tell you all instead that I've just taken a big step and entered my portfolio into the Artists Wanted competition, a very serious (and flippin' expensive - yikes!) competition for emerging photographers.
.
I'd be most grateful if you'd click through to my portfolio and rate it (preferably highly ;)). All you need to do is click on the appropriate star, no registration or personal details necessary (hint: the 5th star on the right is “fantastic” – a 5-star rating). You can vote once every day until the contest closes.
.
.
Beyond the (albeit remote) chance of winning (a stupendously mindblowingly wonderful prize), the portfolio database will also be made available to a wide range of industry professionals, gallerists, etc. so I want to garner as much positive attention as possible to get my name and work in front of the people who call the shots.
.
So please -
vote early and vote often :).
.
Thanks so much,
Robin
.

32 comments:

Mojo said...

Done and done. And I hope you do well in the competition. And -- win or not -- that your work gets the attention it so richly deserves!

Anonymous said...

No problem. I'll vote early and often. Do put a reminder on FB every now and again though.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful mask, very colorful.
I shall vote.

EG CameraGirl said...

Cool, Robin. I'm off to rate your work. :)

Daryl said...

Done again!!!!!

Felisol said...

I wonder how you find those remarkable objects.
Anyway, I love them, and made or nature, and wish you well in the contest. I have cast my vote on your portfolio.Of course you are going to impress. You had this great variety in motifs. Just today I felt very romantic,- and did I find one!

maryt/theteach said...

Isn't that a lovely mask, Robin! And thank you so much for mentioning my birthday and my Etsy Shop. You are a dear! And generous and kind! :)

I'm going to mention your entering the Artists Wanted competition on the Ruby Tuesday post right now...

Dimple said...

You got a fantastic from me, and I wasn't exaggerating!

The-is it a handle?-is odd. If I were behind the bar I'd probably avoid putting my hand over the face! Great RT post!

Thanks for the visit!

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

voted and still contemplating the red-mask-beer-tap! :)

quilly said...

What a cool beer tap! I like the festive nature of this one.

I voted for you and I kept your email in my inbox to remind me to vote daily. Good luck!

lynda Howells said...

Happy Ruby Tuesday my friendx good luck with your imagesxx lynda

Patti said...

Love the colorful beer tap.

I voted for you, Robin. I gave you a fantastic. ;-)

Best of luck to you!

Tink *~*~* said...

It's sort of a "Hidden Mickey" ºoº

Tink *~*~*

Leora said...

Yes, do the once a day on FB thing to remind us. An artist friend did that with her paintings, and she won!!!

"Mazal Arieh" - lucky lion? I think I like Lucky Lion as a name. Cool mask.

LifeRamblings said...

what a lovely mask, very colourful and appealing indeed.

Ralph said...

The beer tap is nice in ruby, but really a place like this is special, small and personal service - and with wonderful drink and that ruby tap.

The portfolio is nice. So many of your captures may be of inanimate objects, yet by their framing and backgrounds seem to contain life, an expression each object is dying to tell you a story about themselves. Each frame has a personality. A photo artist you certainly are - good luck, Robin!

Terry said...

dear robin..i am glad that i have met you just in time to do some voting..
i will "swing by" every day to vote again and your photos are fantastic!
the beer caps sure have a lot of art in them and like you said plenty of red!
thankyou for your telling your friends about our dear hostess.
she sure has accomplished a lot in such a short time.
thank your robin!

Dianne said...

I voted
it wasn't hard at all to hit the fantastic star, the photos you posted there are wonderful!!

I love this beer tap too :)

Linnea said...

Amazing photos you've put in your portfolio. Five stars all the way! Very impressive work. Good luck!

Lola said...

Have done! Good luck!

LOLA:)

Snooze said...

I'm only too happy to help in your quest ...I always enjoy seeing your blog banner. It's like coming home to visit an old friend.

Good luck with the comp.

My Ruby Redness

Patti said...

I tried to vote for you again this morning, Robin - but I guess 24 hours had not elapsed since I voted for you yesterday.

I'll try later.

Bonne chance!

Robin said...

Thanks so much everyone! Your support means a great deal to me.

Unknown said...

this is wonderful, btw, my vote is yours, done.

bj said...

I've been trying to vote..keep getting a "page reloaded during...." but I will keep trying.
GOOD LUCK.
xo bj

Auntie E said...

I vote for you highly of course... Love the bar tap mask. Golden Honey Ale sound interesting. I prefer the Dark, but some times the golden one have a good flavor.
My Ruby Tuesday link for you Making life easier.

ellen b. said...

I voted...beautiful work Robin!!

Stephanie V said...

That's a really beautiful mask. Unusual in a pub - the ones I've been in, anyway.
I've voted - your work is beautiful.

Marice said...

voted sissy! hope you will win! good luck :)


u may view mine here

Jew Wishes said...

I have rated.

Your work is lovely and compelling.

Willa @ PixelMinded said...

Great Red and congrats to that contest,I already gave my 5 stars. :D

Carletta said...

Cool looking face but I see it more in say New Orleans or some tropic country. :)
Neat find.