Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let the sun shine in

.
Click to enlarge
.
Stained glass window high up in a small 12th century church near the Monastery of St. John in the Wilderness. (Am I remembering this correctly Dina?)
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is now available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

15 comments:

Dina said...

Perfectly remembered, Robin.

Let the sun shine in on Jerusalem and the hill-country round about her, indeed. A good choice for this day.

Mojo said...

Oh great. You reminded me of Hair and now I'll have the sodomy song stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Thanks SO much!

Anonymous said...

Lovely capture!

Anonymous said...

So adorable. I love stained glass windows.

kayerj said...

I love the simplicity of the design and the brightness of the glass.

Kim, USA said...

I love the color and the cross in the middle. Thanks for sharing!

Windows and doors2

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh, I love stained glass!

maryt/theteach said...

An exquisite shot, Robin! Happy Window Views! Thanks for commenting at Wordless Wednesday too! :)

anymommy said...

I don't know if I'm more jealous of the gorgeous picture or all of the history that surrounds you. Thank you for sharing.

VioletSky said...

Interesting window - at first I saw goblets, and thought of 2 white wine goblets and 2 red wine goblets.
...then I realized "cross".

Mimi said...

It's beautiful, Robin.

RoeH said...

I just love stained windows!!

EG CameraGirl said...

How interesting that stained glass has been placed in windows since at least as far back as the 13th century!

Robin said...

I suspect that the window is far more modern - I doubt a modest chapel would have been able to afford glass that long ago. Dina would probably know better though.

Daryl said...

Lovely .. and it looks as if its letting in the air as well as the light