Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day, Summer Stock, and last chance to vote

.
How's that for a catch-all title?
.
First off, happy Memorial Day to all the Americans out there, and be sure to take some time out of your day to remember those whose sacrifice keeps us free.

.
Next up -
Summer Stock! It is Memorial Day weekend after all, the self-declared start to the summer season, so get those cameras out and those shutter fingers ready. Summer Stock Sunday 2010 kicks off this coming weekend at 9pm Israel time, 2pm Eastern Daylight time on Saturday, June 5th - just a few more days and we're off and running - and to get you in the mood, what could be more summery sweet than a glass of freshly pressed sugar cane juice with ginger and lemon?
.
Click to enlarge
.
Speaking of just a few more days, today is in fact the very last day to vote for my portfolio in the Artists Wanted competition. At last check I had over 500 votes(!) and an average weighting of 4.7, an accomplishment which makes me both very very proud and extremely grateful to all of you for coming out and supporting me. Your votes will help put my portfolio in front of numerous industry buyers and solidify me as a serious - and commercially viable - fine art photographer, so thank you, thank you all so much. (Now what are you waiting for - go get that final click in already!)
.

27 comments:

Dina said...

This is a bitter day for Israel but your sugar cane looks sweet.
Nice to see something pretty right now.

Robin said...

Yes, a very bitter day indeed. I did my ranting on facebook, I just didn't have it in me to open it up here as well. I'll just repeat that I simply cannot understand how our country got its head so very far up its ass, and I have no idea how to get it out again :(.

Leora said...

"sugar cane juice with ginger and lemon" - mmm.

Glad you are continuing with Summer Stock meme. I'll have to come up with some ideas.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Ginger and lemon
with juice of the cane—heaven
in tall, frosty glass!

Cactus Blooms Again!

EJ said...

Voted!

Hope you can take a peek on my memorial day post dedicated to my uncle who died in Normandy France. Happy Memorial Day!

lynda howells said...

Hi, l am sorry you are having a hard time...l could rant on too but it would be unfair to youxx
;ove your images for Ruby Tuesdayxlynda
If you feel like a rant..l am here for youxlynda

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

beautiful and tasty. lovely, robin!

EG CameraGirl said...

This is a treat I have never tried but I love ginger so it must be fantastic!

quilly said...

Sounds yummy! Can I have a sip?

I'd love to join you for Summer Stock but we're still waiting for Spring. All we have is cold and wet and rain!

maryt/theteach said...

Sweet and colorful, Robin! Happy Ruby Tuesday! And Boy will I be ready for Summer Stock Sunday! Got lots of pix! Good luck on the artists competition! :)

Kim, USA said...

Sugar cane wow!! I used to chew sugar cane when I was young ^_^ They are so sweet though. Happy Monday!


BM-Memorial day

Mimi said...

Did the vote.
Pic looks yummy!

bichonpawz said...

Voted!!! FABULOUS Stuff!!!

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time...

eden said...

Hi, Robin!

I did the vote the other day.
I love sugar cane juice. Can I have some please ? hehehe

Happy Ruby Tuesday

Rajesh said...

Very nice. I love sugarcane.

Johanna S said...

Very nice picture!

toby said...

That's really pretty! I voted 5 for you last week :)
Here's hoping for sweet times soon!

This Eclectic Life said...

Oh Boy! Summer Stock Sunday again. I hope I find more time to participate this year. That was a fun meme, Robin.

mARTy said...

Interesting composition!

Sandy said...

I have never heard of drinking sugar cane juice, but it sounds interesting. I watched the national news last night and was so confused about what is going on in your part of the world. I hope someone knows why this is happening.

Mojo said...

I knew cane juice was popular in India, but I didn't know it had a following in Israel too. And I'm a BIG fan of ginger (and lemon) so what's not to like?

I'm happy to hear your AW portfolio is doing well! Well deserved, very well deserved. Of course by now voting has closed, so I suppose it's more accurate to say it did well, but still a very well deserved honor.

Chances are that I will be out of the reach of the Web on Saturday, but I'll see what I can come up with for the inaugural Summer Stock Sunday 2010. It just might not get linked until ... Sunday.

Stephanie V said...

Well done on the portfolio. That sugar cane looks so pretty with it's various colors and textures. I like it.

reg said...

What a cool pic of the sugar cane, it looked great

Daryl said...

Sugar Cane .. yum ... voted!

Auntie E said...

I will have to think about joining the Summer Stock this year.
My Ruby Tuesday Link for you

Dianne said...

that drink sounds sooooo good

I hope your work gets noticed by lots and lots of folks, your portfolio is beautiful

Marice said...

awww i miss those sugar canes! :) good luck! hope youll win :)

u may view mine here