Monday, May 10, 2010

Jacob's Ladder 2010

.
Somehow I completely spaced on the fact that I needed to get my
Ruby Tuesday post up this evening (I'm blaming it on the lovely cold Madame Butterfly gave me). Luckily this weekend's festival provided some options, even if you do have to look a bit to find some of the reds.
.
Henri's Notions, this year's headlining act
.
.
A bunch of folks dancing on the roof of the nearby bathroom building(!)
as the band played the final song of the weekend
.

.
A friend's guitar case, taken from the front row of one of the indoor venues
while said friend was getting ready to perform

.

.
Look
here for more information about the always wonderful Jacob's Ladder Festival. In fact, why don't you grab a few folding chairs and come join us next year?
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My photography is now available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in my etsy shop yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

24 comments:

Lola said...

Hi again! Great post & great blog!

Happy RT - and look forward to *seeing* you again next time!
Mine’s HERE!

LOLA:)

EG CameraGirl said...

Neat photos of the festival, Robin! I'm intriged by the way the fiddler's shirt flows into the mural. :)

Mojo said...

I know about that "completely spacing" thing. I've done it several times recently.

Glad you recovered your senses though because this is some damned fine work.

Anonymous said...

What a lot of eneergy in the second photo.
Any reason why the festival is called Jacob's ladder?

Robin said...

That's wild about the fiddler's shirt, isn't it. It was complete coincidence, I didn't notice it until much later.

You can learn more about the festival's name (and history) here :).

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. They are really having good time.

Dina said...

Love that middle photo. Dancing on the WC roof, eh? LOL

Felisol said...

The Jacob's ladder festival seems to have been great fun and ditto music.
I do remember Jacob's dream about climbing a ladder, but can't quite see the connection to the festival.

I do have a great fascination for Jacob, he was human and hand strong good and less good sides.
When he did fight with the angel at proclaimed he would not let him go until the angel gave him his blessings; that was brave and pure.

When I get rich I will have a spring vacation in Israel. Must be great to be there when it's still winter in Norway.

Stephani Cochran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephani said...

Just visiting from Ruby Tuesday! I would love to visit Israel someday. I don't know if I'll get to or now. It seems like a dream right now.~ The festival looks like a lot of fun!

Ralph said...

Everybody is enjoying the festival, some more than others as they feel the energy of the music - and act appropriately! A day of fun and frivolity, and often we need days like this...

Kim, USA said...

That is what I love festival we see so many things. Happy RT!

My Cardinal

Patti said...

I love the fiddler's shirt coincidence.

I do feel the energy of the rooftop dancers! Wonderful shot.

Lesa said...

Wow-- those dancers look like a living sculpture! I like the splashes red here and there. And the fiddler's shirt does look spacey against the backdrop. Cool!

Maria said...

Great pots for TR:)/Maria

Snooze said...

lovely photos ... the dancing looks like so much fun.

My Ruby Redness

bichonpawz said...

Looks like they were all having a great time! Hope you feel better soon Robin!

Jientje said...

Looks like a fun event! I LOVE the photo of the people dancing, I can almost hear the music!

Dianne said...

the photo of the roof dancers is wonderful!!
like a scene from a movie

Auntie E said...

How great.. You must have had a grand time. I liked your Fabric photo.. Just too small for the room. Looking for a 8x10 size photo(Unframed).
My Ruby Tuesday Link for You

Daryl said...

Oh those high steppin' festival goers always looking for a new place to dance .. love their exuberance and the git-ar case!

Regina said...

How fun and wonderful!

Marice said...

looks really fun :) what does Jacob's Ladder festival is all about? One of our immunization center named after that.

u may view mine here

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Love the one of the dancers.