Monday, January 2, 2012

The daring young man on the... tightrope?

You really never know quite what you're going to find in Tel Aviv. Over Hannukah, it was Hagay, a self-taught tightrope walker. Silly me, I never even knew there was a tightrope on the beach, let alone anyone who knew how to use it. When I first spotted Hagay I was careful to stay quite far back, afraid to break his concentration, but the moment he was there he beckoned me closer - and started instructing me on what camera settings I should be using to capture the distortion of the "windmill" effect that you see on his arms as he quickly rocked back and forth. It was rapidly getting dark so I had to go pretty low but all in all I think they turned out pretty well. (I'm not sure what if anything Hagay thinks. I e-mailed him a few photos but never heard back...)




I haven't seen a Ruby Tuesday post for this week yet, but if there is one I'm all set, since Hagay was oh so thoughtfully wearing this bright red shirt ;).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on Etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in one of my shops yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

9 comments:

Dina said...

What a find!
Hope it was not as windy as when I was at the beach.

donna said...

huh! daring indeed! :) Happy and blessed 2012!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That second image is pretty incredible. He's able to stand on a wire at that angle and not fall?! Looks like magic.

toby said...

Unbelievable! He's a great dancer - and looks remarkably calm for someone who's flailing his arms. So cool! Only in Israel :)

Lola said...

Visiting from the last RT - so sad!

Wishing you a Happy New Year and looking forward to, hopefully, a new RT meme in 2012!

Here’s mine

Jael said...

Wow,that looks cool!

Felisol said...

Marvellous.One's got to admire the elegant body and the special expression on his face.
Have a happy New Year in Israel too.

Ralph said...

Hagay is a performing artist nonpareil, his illusory air walk giving us pause: How does he do it? Except, if we knew the answer, it would cease to be magic...We don't care how, we just want to see more of it...he thoughtfully wore red for RT2!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Great, interesting shots !
Happy new Year!