Monday, November 5, 2012

Scavenger Hunt in Jerusalem's Nachlaot Neighborhood


What fun! This past Friday I had the opportunity to join another of Jerusalem Scavenger Hunts' wonderful events - this time for a scavenger hunt in Jerusalem's fascinating Nachlaot neighborhood.


Just like the Old City scavenger hunt I participated in last year Tali and her crew had everything very well organized from start to finish so that all we had to do was relax and enjoy. (So much so that yet again we came in, ummm, not first. Right. Let's go with "not first". It was totally worth our ever so slightly more relaxed pace though - we got to see so many amazing details and learn so many things we'd have missed if we were really cranking up the speed...)  Tali even arranged for the oh so yummy Village Green restaurant to provide bowls of hot delicious soup and freshly baked rolls for us all at the finish line.

 More scenes from the neighborhood...

Two area residents discussing the issues of the day

Window turned wall

I absolutely love this mural (above and below images) by Maayan Fogel, simply amazing

 
I can't recommend Tali and Jerusalem Scavenger Hunts enough (and not just because I just found a photo of myself with Old City teammates Lisa and Myriam in their photo gallery) - having now done two of their hunts my only real question is when is she accepting participants for the new route she'll soon be opening in Jerusalem's Yemin Moshe neighborhood! (In fact, we'll be hosting a bar mitzvah in the family next winter and I'm already planning to arrange a scavenger hunt as one of our key "where to take the visiting relatives" events!)

Thanks again Tali for another terrific time!

28 comments:

Jael said...

Nachlaot is so lovely! Great pictures:)

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a fun way to spend time! The creative detail in those murals is amazing!

HansHB said...

Great serie of photos!

Jim said...

What a great place.

Fábio Martins said...

So interesting place to know

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Wonderful to see places like this. Ancient yet seemingly at peace with the rhythms of life. I love that people have infused the area with plants and beauty.

Ralph said...

There are so many interesting sights in this neighborhood that we can find as much art as possible - even without prompted by a hunt. I like the mural with the cat jumping off the wall...considering that a cat on the prowl is walking on the street. The feeling of life is all over Nachlaot and makes this such an engaging place!

Daryl said...

OMG ..not possible he is going to be 13 ...

Robin said...

Not till next year! This year he's turning 12, we've still got a year to go :).

EJ said...

I like the photographer!

My RUBY
Your comment is always appreciated!

Midwestern City Girl said...

Great photos! I'm glad you have fun with these scavenger hunts.

Liz said...

Wonderful pics!

My Ruby

Art of RetroCollage said...

Looks beautifully picturesque, & would be fun to visit!

caite said...

love the kitties...real and not so real.

Beth F said...

I love this series, but the murals are terrific. I'd love to see them in person.

Carla Brito said...

I love the colours!

ReviewsSheRote said...

How lovely---stopping in with the Create with Joy WW hop. Noe following you =)

Unknown said...

It looks so beautiful there. Wish I could travel again. These kids!

Claremont First Ward said...

How fun. I loved seeing your scavenger hunt. :) I hope you do more of them because it gives us more views of your area!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh how fun! What a gorgeous place for a scavenger hunt! :)


Channeling Jules Cobb – Or Just Her Giant Wine Glass and a Scientific Experiment

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Sounds like lots of fun thank you for sharing these pictures of the fabulous ancient city architecture and its beautiful inhabitants.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful day. What beautiful photos.

It's oh so sweet to meet ya. I'm following you now and can't wait to get to know ya better. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love for you to join me at Local Sugar Hawaii. It's a beautifully kooky space just for us... I hope you'll come as you are and stay for a bit.

xo,
Nicole

localsugarhawaii.com

Melanie said...

Hello! Found your blog through Create With Joy. I would love to someday visit Israel. Our church has taken trips there several times. Just wish I had the money to go. Your pictures are very beautiful. I am definitely going to bookmark your blog and check it out more often.

Melanie
melaniescrazylife.blogspot.com

The Real Jerusalem Streets said...

I love how we got so many similar photos! What a fun time it was and good to see you again. Sharon A

Lola said...

Wonderful captures - as always!

Have a lovely weekend too!

anymommy said...

Such amazing pictures. I feel like I know some small part of Israel through you.

Handmade in Israel said...

Beautiful photos from a fun morning! Great to be on your team once again :)

Dini Hurwitz said...

wow your work is so beautiful and sincere. gorgeous!