Thanks to the efforts of Beth and Carol, the TT is back, without missing even a beat.
I've been away the past few days with no computer access *gasp*, so here's an easy one for me this week. On the plus side though, I've finally figured out how to do the Mr. Linky thingie to make life easier for all of you. And, I'll update you all on where I was soon.
This is a list of 13 European countries I've been to so far, with an observation or two from each. Still on my "someday" list are Ireland, Spain, Croatia and several others. The list is in no particular order. (Oh, and remember, I live in Israel, so it isn't that far for me to get to Europe, especially as a stopover between Israel and a trip back to the States.)
1. Portugal - NO ONE (other than 2 young girls visiting their grandparents) goes to the Algarve in the winter!
2. Czech Republic - beautiful architecture, great beer
3. Greece - gorgeous, but a difficult place to do business
4. England - The Pub on the Puddle, my former home away from home when working in Surrey, and home to assorted friends and a relative or two
5. France - bliss, what more needs to be said
6. Italy - oh, the food, and beautiful Cinque Terre
7. Holland - Space Cakes are not worth the hype
8. Sweden - Gamla Stan, Scandinavian design
9. Denmark - The Little Mermaid statue
10. Norway - simply breathtaking, home to a very dear friend in the computer that I desperately hope to meet someday, and the home of Hell (from which yes, you can send postcards)
11. Malta - looks a lot like some parts of Israel
12. The Vatican - Swiss Guards in funky striped tights
13. Scotland - castles and more castles, and a few wee drinks
So what's on your list? What did you love? What did you not? Where would you go if someone dropped the tickets in your lap?