Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WFMW - Water Wow Books

My tip for this week is Water Wow paint with water books. These books are great for restaurants, car or plane trips, or wherever else you want to keep a small child occupied and quiet, and because the child "paints" with regular water there's no mess either. My 3.5 year old is crazy about these books, and even my 6 year old still enjoys them on occasion. Each book comes with a brush or marker which has a receptacle for a little bit of water - just fill from a nearby sink or cup and you're good to go (or if that gets lost a simple paintbrush and cup of water would work, but there is spill-risk that way). Best of all, these books can be used over and over. As soon as the page dries out the picture disappears, ready to be painted again. We've got two of them and by the time my daughter is done with the second one the first is dry and ready. They're sold all over the internet (and in stores too I assume, but I live overseas so I'm not sure where). Each book retails for $10-15, but can be used over and over again. And no, this is not a paid post. I just love these books.

That's what works for me. For more WFMW tips check out Shannon's Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Kacey said...

We have some Aquadoodle pages that do that - but I'll have to look for these!! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Cool! I didn't realize you could use them over again. I might have to check those out Thanks!

Scribbit said...

I used to see the kind where you painted over the picture and the colors appeared but I've never seen the reusable kind. What a great idea. I'll definitely have to look them up--great gift ideas too.

Alexandra said...

Neat! And dd is mad about Sesame Street. Thanks for sharing.