Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday - Game Storage


If your house is anything like mine, your kids have accumulated a ridiculous number of boxed games - lotto games, memory games, card games, you name it. And if you have a destructo-baby like my younger daughter was (who am I kidding, is), then some of those big bulky boxes might not be in exactly pristine condition.

My tip is ziploc bags. Put each game in its own bag and throw out those bulky boxes. The games will take up a fraction of the space, the kids can easily see what's inside, and cleanup is a snap.

Works for me :).

Check out Rocks In My Dryer for more great WFMW tips.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been telling myself I need to knuckle-down and do this.

Maybe I will make it my project for tomorrow...

Fairly Odd Mother said...

What a great idea!!! I've already done this with all their little boxes of puzzles but hadn't thought of it for games---God, I'm soooo sick of the huge pile of games that teeter/totter around my living room.

Crafty P said...

I just started doing this with puzzles, too. I also cut out the mini picture on the puzzle box and tape it to the bag so they can see what the end result should look like!

Zippie bags store so much more compactly!

Alexandra said...

I've done this with puzzles, but I may try it with games. Nice tip!

Luke and Valerie said...

I need to do this, too. I was just harrumphing about how all the boxes looked too bulky in our storage benches. Thanks for the tip.