Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bougainvillea against a Galilee Sky

I finally got a bougainvillea shot that I'm happy with. It's nearly impossible to make an image that really captures that elusive almost magical quality you get when Israeli sunlight hits the petals and makes them glow and shimmer against the sky.

This shot comes close.


I'm nearing the end of my big work project (or I would be if they didn't keep moving the flippin' goalposts, it's like chasing Brigadoon) so regular blogging shouldn't be too far away. Good thing too, because my photosafari of the Christian holy sites last Friday yielded some very special images that I can't wait to share with you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand new at Around the Island Photography -- Photoverse Prints - Faith-Based and Inspirational Custom Photo Art!
.

7 comments:

deedee said...

I love bougainvillea!

toby said...

Gorgeous - those colors are so rich!

Leora said...

Lovely - the colors remind me of autumn! Bougainvillea are such dainty, enticing flowers. A wonderful subject.

Beth F said...

The lighting is beautiful. Great job on capturing them at their best.

caite said...

what fantastic color!

Daryl said...

I had no idea it 'came' in so many colors!

Dina said...

Look at those colors!
Wait, were you heading to Jacobs Ladder when the storm moved in?? Oi