Friday, December 10, 2010

Farewell to Hannukah 2010


This Hannukah was one to remember, that's for sure. Sadly the bad outweighed the good, but in the spirit of moving on I'd like to share this:


Isn't he sweet? This tiny fellow lives at Beit HaIkar (Farmer's House), a living farm type place at Kibbutz Beerot Yitzhak, not too far from where I live, close enough in fact to pop over with the kids this morning when our other plans fell through. This guy was born literally five minutes before this photo was taken. Five minutes earlier and we'd actually have seen the birth. Amazing, isn't it? (Excuse the slightly blurry quality of this photo - I have sharper ones but they show, err, evidence, that the birth isn't quite finished yet and my 9 year old swears that anyone who sees them will be scarred for life. He was more ewww gross than wow miracle of life. Such a 9 year old...)
.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone - I know I certainly will - I'm off to the Jacob's Ladder Winter Weekend bright and early tomorrow morning! Even more fun, I'm going on my own, Jay and the kids gave me a ticket as a gift. I can't tell you how excited I am, what fun to be able to see (and of course hear) as much music as I like without anyone under 5 feet tall with a familial claim on my attention (I used to say under 4 feet tall but the dang kid keeps growing LOL) needing anything from me or complaining that they're bored and want to go outside! Still better, I'm heading up there a few hours early for a bit of a photo-safari with a few friends, should the weather gods oblige. I've got my eye on a number of potential Photoverse location shoots and boy can I use a mental break, these past few weeks have been one long Calgon take me away moment.

10 comments:

Leora said...

I'm glad you had some good this Chanukah. I love how you arranged the candles in a V for the photo. And the miracle of birth is always a wonder.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you the best!

Dina said...

What?! No afterbirth hanging out? I want my money back! LOL
Nothing cuter than lambs and kids.
Lucky you to have them near.

Have a great time up north, unencumbered. Shabbat shalom.

Daryl said...

I think its an awesome shot .. and I am wishing you a wonderful relaxing fun filled weekend .. away from small family members ... xo

Jill said...

So excited for you to have a great weekend sans family. :)

Hope you had a wonderful Hanukkah!

Steffi said...

I hope you had a wonderful Hanukkah,dear Robin!Have a great weekend!
Thank you for your beautiful postcard which I received today!!!

RoeH said...

Super photo! So beautiful. I'd like to learn more about Hanukkah. I have always had so much respect for the Jewish people and faith.

Kate said...

What a beautiful picture. I love it!

Jew Wishes said...

I am glad you found a bit of goodness this Hanukkah season.

The photos are lovely.

anymommy said...

I've been thinking of you. I'm so sorry for all the grief and heartache in Israel this December and I'm glad for simple things - like a baby goat - to help us all move on. Life just does that.