Monday, November 28, 2011

Brazilian Pepper Tree, I think...

A quick scan of Dr. Google's 2nd cousin the botanist says that this is probably a Brazilian pepper tree, which is not a pepper tree at all but rather one of the sumac family, and is a naturalized resident of southern California and a weed in the Florida Everglades. Not sure which of these two headings it comes under here in Israel, but it's definitely red.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on Etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in one of my shops yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

8 comments:

Daryl said...

and definitely pretty ..

Fábio Martins said...

Too much light but with a nice framework

Jael said...

Very pretty!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Yep, I've seen plenty of these here in Southern California!

Unknown said...

Yes, we had these in the yard of our previous house!

Ralph said...

Lovely berries, the fruit of the (vine or week, take your pick :) a perfect ruby. If not floral neighbor...

Unknown said...

Almost like a coffee to me. ^_^ I love the color of this photo. ^_^

RT

Leah H. said...

Nice shot..

Visiting for Ruby Tuesday! Hope you can visit mine too:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/11/pop-the-pig-game.html

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/red-tea-set.html