Monday, November 21, 2011

A bug's eye view

.

A hibiscus flower as I imagine a bug would see it. (Just playing around with orbitals again. Check out the previous post for a really cool one.)

Visit Ruby Tuesday for more ruby red images, and a very happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on Etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in one of my shops yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

9 comments:

Ralph said...

What is coo here are the outer ruby leaves seem to form a shutter, opening and closing after every 'shot'. The insect or bird has to capture this at 1/1000 speed to see the interior. A great take!

Anonymous said...

That is superb, Robin! Sharp, contrasting colors and a delicious perspective.

I feel like a bumblebee, now.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You do have your fun, don't you? :)

CLAD IN RED

Whenas in red my Julia’s clad,
Then, then (methinks) she’s wicked bad—
Like Hester Prynne, but not so sad.

Next, when I cast mine eyes and see
Those crimson skirts flow full and free,
Her sweet seductions taketh me!


(With apologies to Robert Herrick, 1591-1674)

© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Lichen

Mimi said...

lovely!
We sometimes get these in a jar to put in the bottom of a glass of bubbly.Yum!

Kim, USA said...

That is pretty cool!
RT

Unknown said...

Your "experiment" turned out very successful!

Daryl said...

I am loving this adventure in orbital'ing

catsynth said...

What a unique perspective. It does look both organic and technological at the same time, like an opening portal to a space ship.

Leah H. said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing..


Visiting a bit late for Ruby Tuesday! Hope you can visit me too:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/watching-tv-with-her-new-red-shoes.html