Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Snippets - 13 Nov 2011

.
Purple Haze (yes, that really is what it's called)

Click here to purchase Purple Haze as a print from etsy, or here for large-size prints and canvases and iPhone cases
.
  • If you don't look where you are going when you're out shooting, bad things can happen
  • If you don't look where you are going in the middle of a group of sharp iron sculptures, you just might go tush over teakettle over a stupid iron pigeon
  • If you go tush over teakettle over a stupid iron pigeon, you will likely rip up your toe and gash the hell out of your shin (leaving you bleeding all over your new pants and wrecking your pedicure) but self-preservation will kick in in time and  you will remain upright. Sort of.
  • And the pants didn't rip.
  • Whew!
  • More importantly, neither did the camera.
  • BIG WHEW!
  • Going straight from pigeon-bashing to a girlfriends brunch will help.
  • So will the champagne you consumed there to celebrate passing your exam.
  • Two days later you'll be left with nasty scabs and a huge swollen bruise, but will consider yourself very lucky.
  • You will also be able to use said scary-looking bruise as an excuse to avoid exercise for a few days (hey, it hurts!). 
So that's what my weekend looked like in a nutshell. And, I finally got that broken down bicycles image off the top of the blog. My fanatical cyclist soldhiscarsohecouldbikecommute husband was practically having heart failure looking at it. He'll be much happier now.

What's on your snippet list this week?
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on Etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!
.
If the photo you're wishing for is something you've seen here on the blog which isn't in one of my shops yet just let me know and I'll happily list it for you.
.

6 comments:

Fábio Martins said...

What a wonderful detail!

Mimi said...

I won't even begin to say what's on my snippet list, Robin, but it doesn't involve blood or bruises!
The Purple Haze is gorgeous!

Dina said...

Oi veh, are you OK, Robin?!

Daryl said...

OUCH .. as a total klutz I empathize .. I've been there and done that more times then I want to list .. xo

Robin R Robinson said...

Very nice image and I love the name. The names of plants is always interesting to me and often amusing. We have a wild silene here that goes by Ragged Robin. Of course, I love this and have it in my garden though it's rather a bad actor behaviorly. And, I enjoy your photography very much. Sunday Snippets is an amusing title as I call my youngest child (now an adult) "Snippet."

Robin said...

Thanks so much Robin. I've never heard of Ragged Robin - I'll have to check it out too!

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography on etsy and Society6 and bring home something beautiful today!