Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WFMW - Bring Bubbles


Bottles of bubbles are a great icebreaker. They seem to attract smiling children wherever you go. If your travel plans this summer involve taking your young children to places where they won't know anyone, throw in a few bottles of bubbles and they'll be making fast friends in no time at all. They're also great for burning off some energy during long road trips - my 6 year old invented bubble baseball (with a nerf bat) on our recent trip to the States and it became an instant family favorite.

Bubbles - they work for me.

Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more great tips from the parenting trenches.

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Great idea. I think it will help my kids be less shy too.

Heather said...

My kids love bubbles, but I never thought of them as an ice breaker. What a great way to get kids playing together at a family reunion, too.
We'll be trying bubble baseball soon! Great tip! Thanks.

Dorit said...

Bublles are a great distractor. I've been using them ever since my son was an infant. It's nice to see the number of developmental responses to bubbles over the months. It's always been my favorite too.

T with Honey said...

I've latched onto this idea for play dates. I don't like showing up empty handed, bubbles are always a hit and inexpensive enough that I can buy a bottle for each kid.