Sunday, April 29, 2007

Zoom! Zip! Dash!


See that streak of lightning flying by? That's me with my newly reconditioned laptop! It's sleek! It's speedy! It's not crashing!! Whoa, that's important enough to repeat - with lots of exclamation marks!! It's!! Not!! Crashing!!

And who says service is dead. The IT guy gave up his entire Saturday to keep working on my machine so that I wouldn't have to miss today and tomorrow as work days. When I told him I hoped he was getting a lot of overtime pay he said no, it was all on his own time ! (I'll be sending a VERY nice thank you note with a cc to both his boss and mine.)The ridiculous part of all of this is after spending 2.5 straight days (yes, I said DAYS) working on this machine, its lease is up at the end of June, at which time it will have to be replaced by a new one. I'm surprised he didn't just try to patch it up a bit, but no, he did a major league (and mucho needed) overhaul.

It's great to be back. I had serious withdrawal - I think I was starting to get the DT's!

3 comments:

Pieces of Me said...

Yea, you're all ready to go and good as new. Now I'm jealous... I want a laptop too.

Scribbit said...

Fabulous--nothing like losing touch with the internet to make you feel like a blogging junkie. I don't think I'm addicted until I can' get to my laptop.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it doesn look really FAST!!
Isn't fantastic to have something new and shiny that works!!
Congrats!