Myrtle Beached Whale over at Myrtle Beach Ramblings tagged me for the 6 random things meme a while ago, and Lia from Swirling Notions for the 7, so I'm going to combine the two and give you, yes, 6.5 random but oh so fascinating tidbits about my life:
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE iced coffee. I rarely drink it during the winter but as soon as the weather warms up it becomes my beverage of choice. I keep a pitcher of coffee in the fridge and help myself to it all day long, order it whenever I go out, pretty much all the time. And yet, each spring, I spend the first few weeks wondering why on earth I feel so wired all the time. Yes, I'm a slow learner.
2. I just bought a fitball and am sitting on that instead of on the dining room chair I usually sit on at the computer (when I'm at the dining room table instead of sitting at the island - obviously a ball couldn't replace a stool). I'm hoping this will help my back without having to go buy a fancy office chair that would then clutter up my living room. This way I only have a giant blue ball cluttering up the room, but the kids are having a (wait for it) ball (a ball? get it? I crack myself up sometimes) playing with it so I don't mind as much.
3. I cannot stand fish (the eating kind, not the aquarium kind, I love aquariums). The only fish I can bear to eat are tuna from a can, salmon, and jarred gefilte fish (not the real stuff, it's too fishy). I wish I liked fish, it's healthy, on every menu here in Israel, and supposedly very tasty for those who can stand it. I just can't do it though. No fish for me.
4. When I first visited Hungary eight or so years ago I finally realized that it's not my fault that I have such a weakness for overwhelmingly rich creamy and oh so unhealthy sauces - it's genetic! The proof was right there - I come from an entire country full of cream sauce lovers who wouldn't recognize most vegetables if they jumped off the plate and bit them! Which isn't likely since there were very few vegetables on the menu at all. I have managed to learn to love a lot of vegetables, but the cream sauce thing is apparently insurmountable. It's part of my genetic makeup and I may as well just concede defeat and enjoy it. Besides, it's a lot more fun than the whole self-deprivation thing.
5. I really feel like baking ultra-cute little decorated cookies today, which would be an incredibly stupid thing to do just before Passover, so I'm not going to do it. I will let the cookie decorating book I bought sit there and taunt me until the holiday is over. Bah.
6. I still remember how to make a serviceable origami cup out of looseleaf paper. My kid thought that was a very cool thing.
6.5 I must remember to...
I'm tagging any of you who want to play along - leave me a note in comments so I can swing by for a visit.