Monday, April 28, 2008

Sick + Stuck in Cafe = Unhappy Robin

The next time we need to have the exterminator in to do a yearly (preventative, thank heavens) spraying, someone please remind me that that means I have to be OUT OF THE HOUSE for the next FIVE hours, so that I can plan appropriately and not just rush out on five minutes notice.

I'm sick and feeling utterly miserable and am stuck in a cafe down the block for another 2.5 hours, when all I really want to do is curl up in bed. Instead I'm stuck here trying unsuccessfully to work as coffee machines spit and hiss all around me, not to mention the woman at the table next to me is apparently a divorce attorney and I've been stuck listening to her discuss some poor guy's divorce all morning.

grumble grumble moan moan whinge

A girlfriend is coming by in about 2 hours, if I haven't keeled over in my coffee peppermint tea by then.

Have I mentioned that this whole scenario is highly unpleasant and making me decidedly cranky?

At least I finally managed to connect to their wireless network, that sucked up a good half an hour right there, albeit a very aggravating one. If I have to sit here feeling too sick to work, I should at least be able to blog, right?

12 comments:

deedee said...

I have days like that too, but being stuck in a café is not the worst place to be :) I would come home high on caffeine if I spent five hours there though!

Unknown said...

((((Robin)))) You poor thing. Enjoy your "peppermint tea" and read all the blogs.

Nancy said...

I hope you feel better.
Try to enjoy the warm tea and bury yourself into catching up on blog reads =)

Claremont First Ward said...

Yep........you should definitely be able to blog! :) I had to leave my house yesterday for 4 hours for an open house (we are trying to sell it) and I felt the same way. Grumble, grumble, whine, whine. Hope your place is blissful bug free now! :)

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I'm sorry you are sick although being stuck in a coffee shop right about now sounds pretty great!

Anonymous said...

Feeling sick is one thing, but being stuck somewhere other than in your own bed when you're not feeling well is the pits. I hope you get better soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope the tea, visiting with your friend, and blogging help raise your spirits.

Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ick. Sorry you're not feeling well. :( Looking at my clock, I can only hope you are passed out right now. Feel better, hon!

Scribbit said...

I'm so sorry!

Like you needed this.

Phyllis Sommer said...

poor baby....hang in there. at least you know the creepy crawlies will be gone!!! feel better!

Anonymous said...

OH no, the flu hit my house too, took out three of them but I made it through, thanks be, I hate being ill. Chicken soup to you.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are on the mend... I know what you mean about taking 1/2 hour to get into their internet. It's unnerving when you expect it, they offer it, market it, and you've got work to do... and where is it?!