Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WFMW - Relief for Canker Sores

With industrial-level stress and a bad case of the flu already kicking my butt, a painful and annoying canker sore (can anyone say "stress-related"?) was one problem too many this week.

Thankfully I found an easy home remedy that actually works! Just take a plain ordinary tea bag (standard black tea), wet it, and apply it to the canker sore for a few minutes. It literally draws out the moisture from the sore, visibly shrinking it and numbing the pain. Repeat a few times throughout the day.

Tea bags, who'd have thought?

Now if I could just sort out the flu and the stress...

Visit Rocks In My Dryer to see what's working for everyone else this week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flu is kicking my arse too babe so I feel your pain. And substitute zit the size of a planet on the side of my face for your canker sore and we could be twins.

My solution is wearing my hair down and hanging in my face...

Smootches for a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

Someone needs to come clean your house and wrap you in a blanket. (((hugs)))

Janet said...

love what domestic spaz said!

And if tea in a bag does that to a sore...wonder what it does when we drink it?

Robin said...

Thanks for the love guys. Kelley especially, because if you feel even half as crappy as I do it's a wonder you even summoned up the energy to post at all. Get well soon buddy.

Claremont First Ward said...

Are you kidding? That works? I get canker sores all the time......I'll definitely try this one next time.......

dieMutti said...

I'll have to tell my hubby about this one. Thanks for the tip! And get better soon!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hey - thanks for the tea remedy. I tend to get canker sores just before I come down with a bug, so next time I get one, I'll try it. I usually go for the rinse-in-salt-water thing. Hope you get over it soon, Robin!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that. I am a canker sore magnet. I have prescription stuff for it, but I don't use it during the day 'cause it's messy. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to have my daughter try this. She gets them all the time. :) Thanks for the tip.

I put some remedies on my WFMW post for the flu. Then yesterday, my son came down with it again! What is up with that?! I'm praying it doesn't sweep through the whole family again. :(

Hope you feel better!