Saturday, August 8, 2009

Crabcakes, scallops and shrimp, oh my

And that's not even mentioning the lobster.

I always feel like I have to get in a year's worth of delicious (and cheap! at least by Israeli standards) seafood every time I come to the US, and let me tell you, New England is one heck of a place to indulge that particular obsession.

Jay's sister is here for a few days with her husband and new baby, so to give my mom a break from the kitchen we did the cooking tonight. Jay went a bit crazy at the seafood counter of the supermarket but he did such an amazing job grilling it all up that all that was left over was a skewer or two of grilled shrimp. I really should write down what he seasoned it all with before he forgets because it was delicious.

Tomorrow we're off to a local rib and music festival on the top of a nearby mountain - good food, good music and good photo ops - what more do you need?

Life is good.

Have I mentioned before that I'm really loving this vacation thing? Do you think my company would keep paying me if I stayed on vacation all year long?
.

11 comments:

kayerj said...

glad to hear you're enjoying yourself

Nicole said...

Your vacation sounds like one I would like too :)
Have a good time :)!

bichonpawz said...

New England is the BEST .... seafood there is to die for!!! Wish you could stay!

Jientje said...

I don't think they would, so enjoy yourself NOW!!!!
I love seafood, you made me hungry!!

Auntie E said...

this summer has been one vacation after another for us and it sounds like you'll to:-) I am with you, we need to figure out a way to get paid and just keep going,lol.

Daryl said...

Oh yum seafood grillin' ..

Jael said...

What a great sounding vacation! Mmmm, all that seafood,yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are making me drool with envy! I'm so glad you are having a wonderful vacaction. I would also love to find a way to vacation full time. Headed to the mountains for a few days tomorrow morning, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you guys have to come further west next summer. ;) I'll meet you in Chicago and take you and the fam around the city. Pinky promise. Or come out to Denver and we'll go camping/hiking/rafting. Please? :)

Glennis said...

Yummy all that wonderful seafood, lucky you.

Mojo said...

If you find a company that will pay you to be on vacation then do remember your old pal won't you? I'm really an excellent vacationer and I'm sure I'd be a good fit for such a gig.