Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer Stock Sunday #10 - Sunrise over the lake

.
Click to enlarge
.
By the time this post is published (I hope - my blog is on Israel time, my laptop stays on Pacific time for work, and we're on Eastern time, god only knows what will actually happen but I've got my fingers crossed that it will all work out) we will be in Connecticut, putting the final touches on our fancy threads and getting ready to head out to my cousin's wedding. I'll be back on Sunday evening and am really looking forward to seeing what wonderful summer scenes you've all got to share this week, so come on out and play along everyone.
.
My photo for this week was taken at 6am this morning at the beach by my parents' house and is straight out of the camera (except of course for the frame). I figured if I was going to be jetlagged I could at least haul myself down to the beach to catch the sunrise and try out my new gorillapod. (The final verdict still isn't in but I predict it's ease and compact size will far outweigh the hassle of not being able to easily look through the viewfinder when it's used on the ground. It's definitely a fun toy though, and I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces.)
.
Now it's your turn. Put up your Summer Stock post and then come here and post your permalink (the link to the individual post, rather than to your blog's main page - this makes it much easier for everyone to follow along - you can get the permalink by clicking on your post's title). Your Summer Stock images can be anything at all that says summer to you, but please tag the post as Summer Stock and link back to Around the Island so that we can all find you. Most importantly, have fun with it, and do take the time to visit your fellow participants - it's great fun to see what summer looks like all over the world.
.


.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors, but what is the thing in the water? I don't function well in the mornings - there is no chance to catch the sunrise - it is gorgeous - may be I should give it a try one day...

Mojo said...

Gorillapod, huh? I've heard the name, but never researched it. SO I know pretty much nothing about it. Might have to remedy that soon if it can keep a DSLR steady enough to get a shot like this in these conditions. There are plenty of times I don't feel like (or can't) schlepping the Manfrotto, but know I'm not going to be able to use enough shutter speed to hand hold.

Awesome sunrise Robin. And I totally get the idea behind dragging yourself out of bed before daylight to catch the first light of day shots. You suffer a little, but it's so worth it!

And besides, you can always go back to bed. A shot like this one only comes once. It won't be the same tomorrow or even in 15 minutes. If you want it, you have to get it now.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of what time it posts. It's beautiful. So serene. I love it. :)

kayerj said...

how beautiful!

Dimple said...

It is beautiful.
This is my first meme post. I would appreciate advice on how to do the badge on my site, and anything else that would be helpful in the future!

Phyllis Sommer said...

wonderful. what a gorgeous sight!!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

To me, the lake seems to be welcoming you home, Robin.

toby said...

That is just gorgeous! I will try to post a summer stock post when I get home this afternoon...

Dina said...

Kol hakavod for getting up and getting out to get that sunrise.

And for enlightening me about Gorillapods. Cool.
How was the wedding? Kef lach!

bichonpawz said...

Beautiful shot Robin!! Love it!! Hope you are having a great time on your vacation.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Your parents are lucky.

Leora said...

Such beauty. I love New Hampshire - I miss taking vacations there! Look forward to your photos for this trip.

Jientje said...

It's stunning. What I would not do to see a sunrise like this.
My post is up now too!

Patty Reiser said...

Robin I thank you for getting a few less hours of sleep and providing us with this beautiful sunrise from the East Coast. Hope the wedding was scent-sational!

Patty

Anonymous said...

Gorillapod..:-/ ?
Hi Robin, glad you arrived safe and sound...
Your image is gorgeous...
Have a nice time...:-)

Bim said...

Hope you're having a great time at the wedding. The photo is delicious. I've been considering a gorilla pod - and will be very interested to hear how you find yours.

Daryl said...

Sunrise is my favorite sky capture, in the fall there are all sorts of colors going on .. this is truly worth getting up for .. and the quiet, was it perfect?

Cheryl - Somewhat Crunchy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! If you are heading to Southern PA, Gettysburg area let me know! We can do lunch :)

Dianne said...

beautiful shot Robin

enjoy the wedding!!

imom said...

I always love the sunrise shot! So beautiful!

Joyce said...

Sunrise shot is wonderful but that means you still have a major jet lag. Can't wait to see the wedding photos.
Joyce

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Gorgeous! Wouldn't it be fun to watch the sunrise from that spot...

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Stunning shot, really beautiful.

I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Indrani said...

Great shot! I love the undisturbed reflections.

Kranky Granny said...

Love the photo's and wish you a joyous and save trip.

Thanks for stopping by my way on your travels.

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful colors and lovely location..Enjoyed this post..Thanks for sharing..Unseen Rajasthan

Suki said...

A beautiful sunrise shot, Robin!

Come by my blog to pick up an award. I hope you can pass it on to others.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful snap. The reflections in water are magnificent.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Lovely Shot!