Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Packing. Again.

This month has really flown by. It seems like just a few days ago I was frantically packing to come here, and now I'm packing to leave.

We've had a great visit, seen a lot of family and friends, gotten outdoors to really enjoy this magnificent corner of the world, and done enough outlet shopping to last us a while.

The kids are off gallivanting around a local theme park with my parents today while I try and gather possessions that have spent a month hurling themselves into the farthest reaches of the house (not to mention expanded into enough new stuff that I had to buy another duffel bag. I LOVE outlet shopping.). In a few minutes though I'm going to call a timeout and head down to the beach for some much needed sunshine and quiet time, and perhaps a final paddle on that beautiful blue water, before returning to tame the remaining chaos.

Tomorrow we head for home, finally arriving Thursday afternoon Israel time. After that it's just a few short days until the relentless school/work grind begins anew.

Catch you on the flip side.

8 comments:

Maribeth said...

It was great seeing you yesterday! And I love your son! Itai is so sweet and very handsome!
Safe journey home.
Hugs!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Travel safe, my friend.

Libby's Library said...

Seems like you just got there a day or two ago! Glad that you had this time with family and friends. May your trip home be SAFE and uneventful.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey home :)

kayerj said...

oh leaving behind such fun memories, and heading back to routine life, always makes one feel a little on the down side. safe travels.

Daryl said...

So quickly these days pass ... I am so sad you are so close and yet so far AND that it will be another year til you are back ... travel safe xo

Dina said...

Nisiya tova. Lehitraot baaretz.

Jill said...

Be safe - have an uneventful trip home - and enjoy being back in Israel... we still miss it!