Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Stock - Better late than never

.
.
Back again with a few photos from our Maine trip - pretty much straight out of the camera (just minor tweaking in picasa, it's late and I'm too tired to open photoshop and add the borders or do anything complicated).
.
Why I like to hike - the view from the top of Beech Mountain in Acadia National Park
.
.
Really wild low-lying fog around the islands off of Mount Desert Island (Acadia National Park / Bar Harbor). Up on top of Cadillac Mountain we were enjoying a gloriously sunny day.
.
.
Lobster buoys in use and at rest (i.e. decorating the side of a local lobster pound)
.
.
.
We also had a great evening (and a great dinner and even better ice cream) with Dawn and Laura. I'll post that photo just as soon as I photoshop out that double chin get an okay to post it since it includes another friend of theirs and I'm not sure how she feels about having her photo splashed across the internet.
.
Just got in from Maine (had a great time - hi Dawn and Laura!) and am racing out the door again to a family function. We were unexpectedly without internet at our last hotel so couldn't get this up in time, sorry.
.
Here's the linkie, will be back with pics of my own later tonight, please sign in, link up, etc. You know the drill.


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Will visit other blogs tomorrow as I'm off to bed.

Ellie said...

You are brave - traveling with kids and bloging! I fixed a blog for my Mom two weeks ago - Nadine from Bulgaria. She doesn't speak English, but is very happy to participate in the meme. Sorry - the first link was wrong - if you can fix it - would be great! I bet you got tons of photos from your trip!

Maddy said...

I won't link this time but that looks like a great idea.
Cheers

kayerj said...

glad you're having such a great time :)

Lynn said...

Love those flip flops in the sand. Looks like a quite refreshing place to be...just walkin' in the sand and enjoying summertime ...

Mojo said...

I'm a little behind myself today, so I didn't really notice that you were late. Actually, it almost is Sunday, so...

Baila said...

Love the pictures. I always regretted that we didn't get to visit Acadia before we made Aliyah. I've finally put up some summer stock pictures--mean to every week...

Bim said...

Lovely captures! Well done for blogging whilst having a power holiday :)

Dina said...

Gee Robin, you missed the Italian Festival in Jerusalem. ;) Ein davar, I'd miss it too if I could be in Maine waters instead.

Love seeing those lobster buoys. I crewed on a tallship along the Maine coast and we had to dodge those lobster traps.

Have fun!

Cheryl Pitt said...

I love the fog photo, that is wild!

Anonymous said...

I am running late too...

Beautiful views, you take care.

Do remember, you will need a hoilday to get over a holiday...:-/

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh I love that part of Maine. It's just so pretty you never get over it.

Daryl said...

My sciatica issues persist so if I dont stop by to visit/comment its because I cannot sit too long .. but my photo is up!

Ellie said...

Wonderful blue! Enjoyed the views from above the clouds! Brings our life perspective to a different dimension!

Jessica The Rock Chick said...

Wow! Those clouds in the one picture are very cool! I've never been to Maine, but it looks like my kind of place. OK, well, any place that has lobsters is my kinda place ;)

Maude Lynn said...

What a beautiful blue sky!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Lovely photo's, that sea and sky blue is gorgeous.

Sorry, i was going to play along this week but i have left it too late and i am now really tired and need to get to bed.

I will save my pix and will post them next time around now. :-)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

LOL - I think everyone's having a running-late day today!

Robin...so close...someday I'll be so happy to sit down and have a face-to-face chat with you.

judi/Gmj said...

Late? your not late... Thanks for the kind comment, and the guy is sitting in the head of Paul. Funny stuff.

kayerj said...

back again . . . loved your shots, especially the fog and the lobster bouy's.

Daryl said...

I have been behind for weeks now .. sciatica will do that .. sigh