Thursday, December 28, 2006

Remembering Ray...

I can't believe he's been gone a year already. Healing happens, but yet doesn't. We move on, but the hole Ray Scudero has left in so many of our lives will be open forever.

In addition to being a tremendous songwriter and artist himself, Ray always encouraged and fostered others on that same path. Tonight Jay and I will be going to a memorial concert featuring many of those same local singer-songwriters (including Ray's wife Joanna Katzen-Scudero) and celebrating the memory of a friend who's gone but never forgotten, and who touched so many of us before he left.

I know many of you out there have seen these links before, but if you haven't (and even if you have), take a minute to listen to a few of Ray's songs and share in his legacy.

Poor Working Slob (Horizon Dawn, Through the Night, and Poor Working Slob are particularly special)

With the Help of Angels - We're Going on a Picnic is a favorite of my children - and their parents

Ray's own website - no sound clips, but lyrics to many more songs that sadly were never recorded. The song All the Way to the Rocking Chair always makes me cry, because Ray finally did find the love of his life, the one he wanted to go "all the way to the rocking chair" with, only to die just five short years later.

Thank you for letting me share this with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm bookmarking this post so I can go back when I have more time. My best friend, my "little brother I never had" died in a fire three years ago, and there has been a hole in my heart ever since. This was a wonderful poignant tribute.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin! I just discovered your blog!

Thank you for these kind words about Ray--I would have emailed you directly, but there's no "contact" link.

Just to let you know, we were actually together 5 years--still too short, but a bit more than 3. And I still miss him every day.

My love to you all,

Joanna