Thursday, May 15, 2008

No TT for me this week - we're off to the festival!

We're leaving this afternoon (Thursday) for our annual pilgrimage to the Jacob's Ladder Folk Festival and to top it off thanks to the overwhelming greed of the onsite hotel now that our kids are old enough we're back to camping this year.

Two nights and two days of great music, friends, fun in the sun, and loads more great music, capped off by two nights in a tent. Wish us luck, we haven't camped at the festival since before we had kids! In fact, we've only camped one night since, when Maya was only 1.5, and it, umm, didn't go well. Now that she's 3 years older it should be a different story. We hope...

Be back Saturday night. Have a great weekend everyone.

15 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hope everything goes well and have fun.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Have fun! I'm sending good camping vibes!

Pieces of Me said...

Wow, has it been a year already?

wow

Enjoy. You deserve to have a great time.

Phyllis Sommer said...

ooh have a great time!

Claremont First Ward said...

Have a great time. Can't wait to see you back and hear all about it!

The Teacher said...

hey
thanks for popping in

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous (well not of the tent!) you have such a glamorous life my lovely! Jetsetting all over the place.

I went to the supermarket in the next town today. That is my excitement! LMAO

Shannon said...

Have such a great time! I am thinking about trying the campig thing. If only I could convince my pampered hubby.

I'll wait and see how your trip goes.

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

have fun! Camping.::shudder::

Unknown said...

Okay, so I tagged you for a meme when you get back. :) It's a long, one, though!

I hope you're having a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Have lotsa fun!

Anonymous said...

Whee! Have fun! :)

Leora said...

Robin, sounds fun. I looked at the map; the festival is near my cousins' home. We plan to be in that area in late June.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun - except the camping part. My ex-husband used to make me hike 10 miles in to a scary wood before we could pitch our tent and hang our food froma tree so the bears couldn't get it. Maybe that's why I don't like it.

Robin said...

Thanks for all the good camping vibes everyone - they worked!

Leora - your cousin is lucky to live in such a beautiful area. The north is really my favorite part of the country. It's about two hours from where I live, and there's always a pang of regret when we return. My husband's job is not at all portable though, so it's the center of the country for us.

Lisa - that sounds rough. I don't do backpacking (or bears for that matter!). Camping at the festival is about as civilized as camping gets though - flat grassy lawns, bathrooms, showers, kiosks selling food, double-sized air mattresses... Not exactly roughing it LOL.