Monday, May 26, 2008

The very very not short dear god it's long meme

Don't worry Domestic Spaz, I still love you.

Ok, plunging right in now...

Favorite person (outside family)? My best friends, they don't read my blog (because I haven't told them I have one) but they know who they are

Favorite food? Pasta

Quirks about you? None. I'm perfect in every way. Sorry, if you haven't fallen on the floor laughing rest assured I'm just kidding. I'm one of Six Billion Eccentrics. (Listen to track 10. Then listen to the rest, especially if you like singer-songwriters. The tracks are wonderfully diverse, I'm a big fan. Just saw him perform here in Israel last week actually.)

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? No idea and he's sleeping so I can't ask right now.

Any regrets in life? None I haven't come to terms with

Favorite Charity/Cause? Breastfeeding support and promoting peace and tolerance

Favorite Blog recently? There are way too many to limit it to just one.

Something you can’t get enough of? Time

Worst job you’ve ever had? Data entry clerk in a pre-computerized firm (yes, I am old enough to remember the bad old days)

What job would you pay NOT to have? Pretty much any job on that BBC Worst Jobs show - they go century by century describing the worst jobs imaginable. The one who cleaned the sausage casings so they could be made into violin strings would probably rank in my top three.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Inside my daughter's head. I'd really like to better understand what she's thinking. Not a literal fly in her head though, because that would be disgusting.

Favorite Bible verse right now? Not relevant

Guilty Pleasure? Eating gourmet chocolate chips straight out of the package

Got any confessions? I just tore into the bag of milk chocolate chips I bought to make chocolate lollipops for this Friday, when it's my daughter's turn to bring a treat to preschool.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Shopping spree, and several days at a spa.

Favorite thing about your house? My kitchen, especially the tiles we chose for the backsplash (see the picture in my header)

Least favorite thing about your house? The plumbing. This place is cursed when it comes to anything water.

One thing you are bad at? Following through on things

One thing you’re good at? Empathizing

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I'd give myself job security

Who would you like to meet someday? Definitely all my internet friends. Some of us have known each other for nine years already without ever having met face to face!

What makes you feel sexy? The right clothes

Who is your real life hero? WhyMommy. Her strength and courage amaze and inspire me.

What is the hardest part of your job? Self-discipline

When are you most relaxed? weekend mornings

What stresses you out? time pressure, being overcommitted

What can you not live without? chocolate. Oh, and air.

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? It's much too broad to be taken seriously.

Why do you blog? For the sense of community it engenders

Who are you tagging? Whoever feels up to responding to this mongo meme!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,
I love your blog. sincere and intelligent. what do you do for a living? (Just wondering).

good luck in all you do,

Mom too

Shannon said...

Love it! What I love most about your blog is your honesty and the fact that you are who you are and you are just fine with that. I find people who are secure in themselves refreshing and hugely interesting! Thanks for giving us another little glimpse of Robin.

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks for going through with it. It IS long.

Thanks for sharing with us, though. :) It's so nice to learn more about you.

Claremont First Ward said...

I think I just fell in love with the heading for this one! :)

Unknown said...

wow, you weren't kidding! :) that IS long. i'd do it, but i'm old...and lazy. :)

i love your title for it though! :)

Robin said...

Thanks Mom too, my enjoyment comes from sharing my blog/writing/life (it all blurs together) with people, so I love to hear that someone is enjoying what I put out there. To answer your question, I'm a marcom writer/editor who moonlights as a lactation consultant. I would abandon the first in favor of the second in a heartbeat if I could just get it to pay the bills...

And Virginia - not a single word about being old from you dearie, I'm turning 39 (I'm at peace with it but holy crap when did it happen) in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you just made me run for the chocolate chips I was hiding! Dang it, Robin!

I love your answers....so very you. No regrets is good. Empathy? Definitely.