Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - 4th and Final

It looks like the TT is coming to an end, just as I'd found it, too. It's a shame, I was really enjoying it. Here's my final installment. Thanks for playing.



Thirteen Tried And True Techniques For Making Your Spouse Get Up With The Baby

1. I just came to bed 11 minutes ago
2. I'm too tired
3. You do it
4. I swear she called "daddy"
5. Just go
6. I have to get up early in the morning
7. She misses you
8. I think he's hungry. You have to go (said by dad to mom)
9. The silent shove - oh sorry, did I wake you? Well, if you're awake anyway...
10. You have to get up in a half hour anyway
11. You're the one who wanted kids
12. My eyes are bandaged and my arm is broken. (Wait a minute, that one would probably only work in my house - we actually had a week like that a few months ago)
13. I just don't feel like it

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


24 comments:

Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Christie O. said...

haha! i always use the "you have to get up in a 1/2 hour anyway" one! hahahaha! i mean, why should we both have to be up??? happy tt, i will miss this so much!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

BEEN THERE!! Now the kids just call for Dad automatically!

Happy final TT! I hope you'll visit West of Mars more often -- The Tour Manager moonlights at ECI Telecom!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee! I have kitties not kiddos, but your list put a smile on my face. Happy Retirement Edition TT!

Mine's up - thirteen random thoughts about today.

Julia said...

LOL love your TTs today! had me laughing :) Great list!

Since this is the last TTs, I want to wish you happiness and good luck!

Happy last TTs to you!

Anonymous said...

I have an 18 mos old daughter who is a very light sleeper ~ so your list hit a little too close to home. I was new to TT - week #3 to me - this week I'm all about books.

Anonymous said...

Cute TT - Unfortunately I've never really been able to use any of these! I have always been the one to take care of the night-time feedings. I have to say I have a very lucky husband! (Our #6 is on the way!)

Anonymous said...

How about the I don't feel good?

Scribbit said...

"You're the one who wanted kids" :)

And that works? Hey, whatever works.

Robin said...

That one was my husband's addition Michelle, not to worry, it was very tongue in cheek ;-).

Thanks for visiting everyone. I'm really going to miss TT - it was a great way to expand my blogging horizons and meet new people.

Anonymous said...

I've used the, "You'll be up in half an hour anyway!"
I've enjoyed my visits here, and I'm sure to come back.
Happy Thursday!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hao about saying, "I took care of her for the first 9 months!" Hehehe!

This is our TT#4 too! We was just gettin' going! We hopes you come visit us someday!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I do the 'I only went to bed 11 minutes ago' ALL the time, plus the 'you have to be up in half an hour anyway' is my trump card!

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

She misses you ~lol~ Don't forget the "it's your turn"

I hope that Thursday Thirteen doesn't go away. I contacted Leanne and I'm determined to rescue the thirteen if I can!

Melissa said...

Sounds SOOOOOO familiar! After 15 months, my daughter STILL doesn't sleep through the night! Thanks for the laughs!

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! I swear she called *daddy*! I love it!

Sparky Duck said...

9 works for when the kittens are making a racket downstairs and you dont feel like checking

Dane Bramage said...

Too funny! What a great list to end with.

As for the last T13 I go out with a nice round
number. My Thursday 13 #30 is up. It is ironically 13 Thursday Thirteen Logos
I made and used during the last 30 weeks. Stop by if you get a chance.

desert rat said...

Don't have kids myself but those made me smile. I'm amazed that some of those actually work! Happy Thursday.

Janet said...

lol hope those work for you!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I think some of those would have failed in my house, but I would have certainly tried them all (except the feeding one because I nursed, too.)

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

What a great list! I don't think any of them would ever have worked on my ex, but I'll save them in case I ger remarried and have another child someday.

Happy TT!

Ms. George said...

#4 and 7 are hilarious and they've worked for me!
Thanks for stopping by my TT.

GEWELS said...

Wow, that was a long time ago for me.
I also just started playing and now it's over. Waahh!!