Wednesday, April 4, 2007

1am emergency room run

It's one am and my husband just left to take himself to the emergency room. A few hours ago he and Itai were playing nerf soccer in the living room and surprisingly enough what they apparently managed to break was not my breakfront with all the fragile ceramics that I kept warning them about but my husband's toe.

They were both playing barefoot and I have no idea how, but somehow they managed to kick each other as they both went for the ball and Jay ended up doubled up in pain on the floor. He waited a few hours to see if it really was in fact broken, and now that it looks like it may well be he's gone off to get it x-rayed. He figured that might actually be quicker now than tomorrow morning, and if he can make it he's got plans with the kids for the day while I work.

Oh, and just for good measure Itai has a goose egg on his forehead from cracking his head on the floor five minutes before the big foot crash. I'm going to have to buy stock in arnica cream.

I'm not going to bother saying I told you so. I'm just the mother. What do I know anyway.

Update: He got lucky. It's not broken, just very swollen and very painful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother always said Never play ball in the house! I hope he didn't break his foot. I broke my big toe a month or so ago and it is painful. Hoping he doesn't have to spend too much time in the emergency. Then again he can rethink while he's waiting about playing ball in the house!

Unknown said...

Yep. I can hear the "don't play in the house" too.

Feeling for you... yee gads..I hope this ordeal isn't too long and he'll be back on his toesies!