Friday, April 13, 2007

I guess I'm not superstitious

It's 10:30 at night and I've only just realized that it's Friday the 13th.

So far we've come through at least reasonably unscathed. Maya fell asleep early (and then wet the bed, but nothing that unusual there since we forgot to stick a diaper on her) and Itai complained of general malaise (and severe crankiness if you ask me), but no major catastrophes.

We've spent a few hours researching WA / BC b&b's and have come up with some promising looking places. We're still trying to decide between national park type outdoorsy and someplace like Victoria, but at the moment we're leaning towards Victoria. We'll be camping the rest of the trip and will probably do a fair amount of outdoorsy stuff, and if the weather turns out really crappy we'd be better off in a city than out in the middle of nowhere.

Just over a month until we leave, we're all starting to get pretty excited...

5 comments:

Space Mom said...

Victoria is BEAUTIFUL! I had a meeting there and it was amazing!

Scribbit said...

We were supposed to go away for the weekend and then Andrew had an emergency at work that canceled it. Maybe it's the 13th thing at work. :)

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Your trip sounds awesome! I went on vacation in Seattle and spent a day up in Victoria, and it was gorgeous (it was with an old boyfriend, though, so I don't talk about it too much, lol).

And, Friday the 13th lost its spookiness for me when I met my husband on that day! Hopefully he won't turn out to be bad luck!

Jen said...

I can't say enough wonderful things about Victoria. Tom and I honeymooned there, I went to many, many flute masterclasses there, and it's my heaven on earth. Go to Butchart Gardens. Go to Chandler's for salmon (Mmmm...). Go to Murchie's for tea and the most incredible pastries. Go to Roger's Chocolates for handmade treats. Have high tea at the Empress. I love Victoria; can't wait to go back someday. :)

Robin said...

Thanks everyone. Since everyone we talked to was very enthusiastic about Victoria, we booked a room at a really nice Victorian (what else) inn. It looks fantastic, and I think with the rest of the trip being on foldout beds and camping we'll definitely enjoy the pampering!