Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sometimes you just have to let yourself fall

One more (post) for the road...

Every once in a great while, you read a book that threatens to suck you in, utterly and completely. A book that draws you into a different world...

Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind is that kind of book. It is a gothic novel full of plot twists and turns, and just dark enough to hold your interest, keeping you on the edge of your seat as you wind your way through all of the 471(!) pages (and in small print at that!). An excellent read.

Sometimes, when a book threatens to suck you in, you just have to let yourself fall. This is one of those times.

5 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I was just blathering about how important book communities are, and then I find your post, Robin, proving my point...

Off to add this to my wish list!

MissAdaptation said...

I love being sucked in by a good book...in fact I am in that state just now. 900 and something pages sucked in. I will put yours on my list. Thanks, friend.

Unknown said...

YES! I LOVED THAT BOOK!!

Scribbit said...

Sounds like the kind of book I've been looking for, something with a gripping plot and fun twists. Thanks.

Robin said...

What 900 page novel have you been sucked into Christie? Inquiring minds want to know :).