Wednesday, May 9, 2007

WFMW - Buying Bananas


It's that time of the week again. Here's mine for this week:

When you buy bananas, instead of buying a large bunch, buy several smaller bunches at varying degrees of ripeness. That way they won't all ripen (and then rot) at exactly the same time and you'll be able to enjoy perfectly ripe bananas for longer.

And since my husband worked in the banana fields back when we lived on kibbutz, I'll throw in a second tip for free. Look for fatter bananas. The fatter they are, the tastier.

For more helpful tips check out Shannon's Rocks in my Dryer.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, interesting free tip. I will have to look for fatter bananas and see if they are tastier.

Thanks

Janis Rodgers said...

I have never considered buying several smaller bunches of bananas in differing degrees of ripeness. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea. I began buying just a few so they wouldn't all rot, but then sometimes ran out too soon. This would solve that! I'll have to keep an eye out for fatter bananas, too -- although ours here seem to be pretty similar around and just vary in length.

Unknown said...

thanks for the tips especially about the fatter bananas. I didn't know that!

By the way, I think I'm growing a monkey!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up in my Google Reader after a frenzied several weeks. Love the tip about the bananas. I had no idea fat bananas were tastier! Thanks.