Saturday, August 25, 2007

Recapturing my lost youth

In an effort to stick my head in the sand and pretend that the last, say, 20 years never happened, Jay and I are going here to see these guys tonight. At 60 (!!!) he's been rockin' for a long time by now, but hopefully he's still got a little bit of the old magic going on. And hey, the tickets were cheap, and the venue is certainly worth the trip. (And as a former player of that same instrument he made famous, this will bring back a lot of memories of my misspent youth - cutting band class to hang out behind the school playing my kind of music with my friends.)

But, because the last 20 years DID in fact happen and I'm now the mom of two small children, we'll be spending the afternoon at the pool first. All the better to tire the kiddos out with my dear. Gotta have some sympathy for the babysitter after all. It's going to be a long evening for her.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Have fun. I'm too pooped to do any more than crash.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I can only do concerts if they are 'early shows'---fortunately, I'd think a 60 year old would have to keep things pretty early, wouldn't he?

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Jethro Tull :)

My favorite by him is Once In royal David's City...

Janet said...

how was it?

Robin said...

Just posted about it.