Monday, September 17, 2007

The World's Worst Mannered Blogger

Umm, that would be me.

I have been shockingly and horribly remiss in publicly acknowledging and passing on the blog awards some of you have so generously given me. The most recent, the new You Make Me Smile award, has now shocked me into action, so without further ado:



The "You Make Me Smile" award from Jo of A Broad's Thoughts From Home. Thank you Jo for such a sweet award, you make me smile too.

This one I'm going to pass along to a blog I've only recently discovered - Phyllis at Imabima. I start smiling when I see her header graphic and continue when I'm reading her latest posts.

whether it's a new look at the holidays or a cute kid, there's always something there to make me smile. I'm also passing it along to ALL of you out there. You each make me smile just knowing you're out there.






Thank you to Mom Not Mum for this one, which she awarded for this post, saying that anyone so concerned about the subject in question just had to be thoughtful (either thoughtful or very good at self-preservation I say). No contest here, this one goes to Jen M. over at Get In The Car. Philanthropy Thursday is her brainchild. Speaks for itself, doesn't it?


This one comes from the wonderful Planet Nomad. I love this blog because she makes every day seem like a grand adventure, whether it's in Mauritania or at the mall. Gorgeous writing and gorgeous pictures. (I was also mortified to discover that I never posted a thank you comment for this one, after it was given to me for commenting! Very embarrassing and hopefully very out of character, but I assure you completely unintentional and due only to my incredible lack of organization in my life.)

The Schmooze award I'm passing on to Jen from Never A Dull Moment and Nancy over at Marie Millard, who are both always popping in with a kind word and a friendly wave. I don't know if it can compete with Nancy's recent Cat's Ass award (sheer brilliance that one) but it's my thank you for always brightening my day and my blog.


Grace of Sandier Pastures gave me this one for bloggers “who have been an encouragement, a source of love, given you an impact in some way”. What a lovely, touching thing to say. Thank you Grace.

This one I'm giving to Jo. She's a fairly new blogger but an old friend, who's finally let her inner muse free again. Not only is her writing wonderful in and of itself, but by virtue of it being there it's inspiring me to reach higher too.



.
A very heartfelt thank you to each and every one of you, for the awards and just for reading. I've said it before, knowing you're out there is why I do what I do, and how much sweeter it is to know that you're not just out there but actually enjoying it.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Well I'm beyond words! Two in one day..........thank you, my friend! If it weren't for you my inner muse would be screaming silently. Much love, J

Nancy said...

How nice, thank you.

The blog bling is fun, but the fact that the blogging community locks arms and brings a smile or leaves us thinking is truly wonderful.

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Better late then never they say. LOL

Anonymous said...

i am speechless! thank you for your kind words...may this new year be a sweet year for you and your family.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Congratulations times four, Robin!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! THANKS! Whoo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Definetly better late than never!!

Congrats on your awards, they are very well deserved.